Windows 10: Apps say they are not connected, but i am!

Discus and support Apps say they are not connected, but i am! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; THis probably isnt even Microsoft's fault, but im asking just incase anyone may know or have any tips. So these apps are the only apps i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UnicornAlpha1, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Apps say they are not connected, but i am!

THis probably isnt even Microsoft's fault, but im asking just incase anyone may know or have any tips. So these apps are the only apps i have discovered which wont connect, even though i am connected already. All other apps like chrome and steam,etc. work. If you need more information, please ask!

Apps say they are not connected, but i am! a16f51a8-453b-47af-9db1-c590f9631492?upload=true.jpg Apps say they are not connected, but i am! f2a26977-615d-4e01-86dd-aed5066c1d1e?upload=true.jpg

:)

UnicornAlpha1, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps say they are not connected, but i am! :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Apps say they are not connected, but i am!

Windows 10 apps connection problem.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting to internet from Windows Store apps, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to see and error code along with the error message?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Apps say they are not connected, but i am!

1. Apps say they are not connected, but i am! - Similar Threads - Apps are connected

2. My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not: My computer is connected to the internet, and I am able to do things online Steam, Roblox, Google. However, some websites and apps say that I am having issues because I am not connected to the internet. So far, this has happened with Spotify, the Epic Games Launcher, and...
  3. My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to the internet, but multiple apps/websites say I am not: My computer is connected to the internet, and I am able to do things online Steam, Roblox, Google. However, some websites and apps say that I am having issues because I am not connected to the internet. So far, this has happened with Spotify, the Epic Games Launcher, and...
  4. Microsoft apps say i'm not connected to the internet but I am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft apps say i'm not connected to the internet but I am.: I can't sign in to the Microsoft store or any other apps that require a Microsoft account. I ran the troubleshooter and it said "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding." Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  5. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  6. Windows 10 says there is no wifi connection but I am connected.

Windows 10 says there is no wifi connection but I am connected.: Hello you all. Well, I am connected to my wifi but the wifi "no available network" icon appears on my desktop. It says that there is no connection but I can use my wifi normaly. If I go to the network adapters via control panel, the adapter IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165,...
  7. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  8. windows is saying "not connected" when I am

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows is saying "not connected" when I am: I cannot get into EDGE. When I go into settings for Windows, it says I'm not connected. However, Chrome is working just fine. (I'm typing this in Chrome now). I can't get Windows updates as it says I'm not connected. I am using Ethernet now, but I have the same issue on...
  9. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...