Windows 10: Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it

Discus and support Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am trying to open the apps part of setting and it will close down before i can open it, the problem is only happening in my personal profile and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FOXWID, Mar 19, 2021.

1. FOXWID Win User

Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it

i am trying to open the apps part of setting and it will close down before i can open it, the problem is only happening in my personal profile and not on the administrator profile, also there is no option to boot my pc in repair mode and when i try sfc scan i get the 'windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation' error. also when i run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth in command prompt i get the error ' the file or directory is corrupted and ureachable' could anyone help me fix this? any help would be appreciated!

:)

FOXWID, Mar 19, 2021

2. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download https://send.firefox.com/download/62fb9966137838d4/#2SxodDMEoCw__yMBYAU5lA

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

Hello,

Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working.

Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803

Done below steps but still having same issue.

1. Run - wsreset.exe
    2. Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    3. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

Kumar Prabhat, Mar 19, 2021
  4. redcloud Win User

Some apps opens then closes immediately.

I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused

Windows Apps Troubleshooter didn't help. Also, reinstalling apps didn't solve problem.

redcloud, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it - Similar Threads - Apps section settings

2. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  3. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  4. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  5. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  6. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  8. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  9. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  10. Settings app closes immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app closes immediately: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 1809, and since today the app settings can no longer start! Indeed, it starts and then closes immediately. I did run "sfc /scannow", it found several corrupted files, but didn't solved my problem. Thanks, Matthéo, aka WiseMatthack....