Windows 10: Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

Discus and support Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,I recently upgraded my PC hardware, installing a new motherboard, CPU, and CPU fan. The PC turns on and works fine apart from a few issues: 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Richard Baker 2, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

Hi there,I recently upgraded my PC hardware, installing a new motherboard, CPU, and CPU fan. The PC turns on and works fine apart from a few issues: 1. Some apps can be slow to open. Previously, Chrome could take a few seconds to open. Now it takes 10-12 seconds to start to open. Same with Discord app, or a game. This issue can sometimes go away with a restart, but it can be hit and miss, it does consistently return though. Some apps, like Firefox, can open pretty much immediately when selected.2. I now have no sound through my headset. Mic works fine, but the headset no longer receives sound,

:)

Richard Baker 2, Mar 29, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues :p

cadaveca, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues 262068d1578285488t-headset-mike-not-recognized-cant-open-audio-manager-capture.png

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

1. Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues - Similar Threads - Apps slow start

2. Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues: Hi there,I recently upgraded my PC hardware, installing a new motherboard, CPU, and CPU fan. The PC turns on and works fine apart from a few issues: 1. Some apps can be slow to open. Previously, Chrome could take a few seconds to open. Now it takes 10-12 seconds to start to...
  3. Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps slow to start to open, sound not working through headset, and other issues: Hi there,I recently upgraded my PC hardware, installing a new motherboard, CPU, and CPU fan. The PC turns on and works fine apart from a few issues: 1. Some apps can be slow to open. Previously, Chrome could take a few seconds to open. Now it takes 10-12 seconds to start to...
  4. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  5. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  6. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

7. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  8. Headset playing sound through microphone

Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  9. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  10. Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets)

Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets): So I'm trying to get an external microphone (on a headset) working on my recently bought HP laptop (it's the Star Wars LE here), last night I was testing my headset but there is a really loud buzzing sound even when there's absolutely no interference in the room. I've...