Windows 10: Apps starting to no longer launch.

Discus and support Apps starting to no longer launch. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have started having a problem with apps that used to launch that will no longer do so. The problem started about 5 weeks ago. When I try to launch I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wesley67, May 4, 2021.

1. Wesley67 Win User

Apps starting to no longer launch.

I have started having a problem with apps that used to launch that will no longer do so. The problem started about 5 weeks ago. When I try to launch I will get a message like the one I have included above it started with one app that I had been having no problem with up until five weeks ago and now it has spread to five apps that I know about so far including some I just installed. So far it is only been noticed with apps I have installed from the Microsoft Store. It will still do it with the app if I uninstall and re-install the app. Since I am new with Windows and PC I have no idea what the message is trying to tell me or what the problem is. I would greatly appreciate if any one could tell me what it is meaning and what I can do to fix the problem before all of the apps quit launching. Thank you in advance for any help that can be given. I am running Winsows 10 Pro version 20H2.

:)

Wesley67, May 4, 2021
  2. Wesley67 Win User

Apps starting to no longer launch. [​IMG]

I have started having a problem with apps that used to launch that will no longer do so.
    The problem started about 5 weeks ago.

When I try to launch I will get a message like the one I have included above it started with one app that I had been having no problem with up until five weeks ago and now it has spread to five apps that I know about so far including some I just installed.
    So far it is only been noticed with apps I have installed from the Microsoft Store.
    It will still do it with the app if I uninstall and re-install the app.

Since I am new with Windows and PC I have no idea what the message is trying to tell me or what the problem is.

I would greatly appreciate if any one could tell me what it is meaning and what I can do to fix the problem before all of the apps quit launching.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be given.

I am running Winsows 10 Pro version 20H2.

Wesley67, May 4, 2021
  3. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 4, 2021
  4. Altidias Win User

Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps starting to no longer launch. - Similar Threads - Apps starting longer

2. Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?: I install windows 11 and i can't see xbox on start menu. It was always pinned before. Did they changed that? or is it bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-no-longer-on-start-menupinned-apps/35dea4d8-4cb7-439a-8f21-b62fba3785a5
  3. Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps: I'm getting problems with windows 11 start menu since yesterday. Its not launching apps. I even restarted my laptop and it was launching apps for some time only, but after some time it stopped launching apps. I hope Microsoft will fix this issue with Windows 11 start menu in...
  4. Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start menu not launching apps: I'm getting problems with windows 11 start menu since yesterday. Its not launching apps. I even restarted my laptop and it was launching apps for some time only, but after some time it stopped launching apps. I hope Microsoft will fix this issue with Windows 11 start menu in...
  5. Can no longer launch games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer launch games: So, this all started because for some reason, Windows Update wouldn't work. I was stuck on version 1909, trying to update to 20H2. Every time it attempted, I would get the "missing dependencies" error on Xbox, and in an attempt to mitigate, I started working on upgrading.Good...
  6. Office no longer launches the Desktopp app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office no longer launches the Desktopp app: I'm not exactly sure why, but recently I've run into an issue with Microsoft Office where it isn't launching the desktop app from the Office app. I instead have to manually launch Word myself. This isn't necessarily a horrible problem, it's just a little bit inconvenient for...
  7. App keeps launching automatically at start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App keeps launching automatically at start-up: I have installed Zoom but this app launches automatically taking over my screen.I don’t know how to stop it. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-keeps-launching-automatically-at-start-up/4f228a80-69ed-4535-ba8a-38170a143c71
  8. UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP Apps Won't Start/Launch: Hi guys! I have a 2016 i5 with Nvidia GPU Surface Book since launch and it has not given me any trouble until recently. So I first notice that my Photos App is not starting and I started using a third party photo viewer so I don't think it's much of a problem. Just now,...
  9. xbox app no longer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app no longer starts: the xbox app just opens for 5 seconds then closes any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-no-longer-starts/eefddba0-69ec-4197-8675-e3152bebfe99
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...