Windows 10: Apps startup with windows all of a sudden

Discus and support Apps startup with windows all of a sudden in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago programs started to launch up with windows without me choosing so. When I looked at the start-up section in the task manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Omer Sharon, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Apps startup with windows all of a sudden

Hello,

A few days ago programs started to launch up with windows without me choosing so.
    When I looked at the start-up section in the task manager they don't appear there and in the program settings I can't find anything.

The most problematic are Chrome (which also opens my last viewed tabs even though I told it not to) and Microsoft Word.

Any advice?
    Omer

:)

Omer Sharon, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Apps startup with windows all of a sudden

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Apps startup with windows all of a sudden

1. Apps startup with windows all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Apps startup sudden

2. Not all apps appear in apps/Startup list. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all apps appear in apps/Startup list. How to fix?: Hi! I downloaded multiple apps from the Microsoft store and I have a calendar app OneCalendar that I want to run on startup. However even though the App is properly installed and working, it does not show up in the list of Apps when I open the System settings. So If I...
  3. Not all apps appear in apps/Startup list. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not all apps appear in apps/Startup list. How to fix?: Hi! I downloaded multiple apps from the Microsoft store and I have a calendar app OneCalendar that I want to run on startup. However even though the App is properly installed and working, it does not show up in the list of Apps when I open the System settings. So If I...
  4. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers startup slow all of a sudden: Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens...
  5. Windows slow all the sudden

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows slow all the sudden: Windows suddenly really slow to load up. Apps locking up. Even task manager locking up. File explorer not even opening. Reset didn't work. Am now in the middle of clean install from USB. Time from power up to setup screen almost an hour. Click anything and it takes at least...
  6. after a crash startup apps will not start at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after a crash startup apps will not start at all: After i was attempting to select multiple images in a folder with ctrl+click my computer crashed and now the apps that are listed as startup apps will absolutely not start at all. These include steam and icue which i have tried downloading the installers and reinstalling but...
  7. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  8. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  9. Why are all app not in the startup list in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are all app not in the startup list in windows 10?: Hi, Why are all app not in the startup list in windows 10? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-are-all-app-not-in-the-startup-list-in-windows/7bf6da52-bbb6-40a1-bb40-51921d323558
  10. Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup: Hi all, I have started experiencing some problems over the last few days in relation to the startup of Windows 10. I'm not overly sure why, but recently when I have been starting the computer for the first time in any given day, the wheel that spins around underneath the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why all of a sudden are programs opening after restart?