Windows 10: Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

Discus and support Apps suspend when minimized, music stops in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my desktop, when I run a music app in Windows 10, say Plug radio or Tunein, it stops playing music after a second or two of being minimized. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SSShadii, Sep 21, 2015.

1. SSShadii Win User

Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

On my desktop, when I run a music app in Windows 10, say Plug radio or Tunein, it stops playing music after a second or two of being minimized. If I maximize, it starts playing again. If I change the volume with the keyboard, and the little pop up window with volume, artist, song info, etc. pops up, it starts playing again, but as soon as it fades away, it stops again.

I checked under Task Manager, and the .exe file for the app suspends when you minimize it, and starts running again when you maximize it.

I have a laptop that I also upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, and it doesn't do this. I can minimize the same apps and they continue to play. When the desktop was Windows 8.1, I didn't have this problem.

Any ideas why it would do this, and how to fix?

Thank you.

:)

SSShadii, Sep 21, 2015

2. Groove Music stops playing music when minimized!!

I have upgraded my OS to Windows 10. But i am facing a strange issue with the microsoft new music app "Groove Music". When i open the app it works fine but when i minimizes it the music stopped playing. When i expand it then it starts playing music from
    the point it was minimized. Any ideas to troubleshoot it?

Ashutosh2411, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Groove Music stops playing music when minimized!!

Thanks for the reply,

Now it is working fine after restarting the laptop.

Ashutosh2411, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

Go to settings-> privacy-> background apps -> turn on for apps you need to run in background

theveterans, Sep 21, 2015
  5. SSShadii Win User
    Not it. They are all turned on.

SSShadii, Sep 21, 2015
  6. SSShadii Win User
    Build 10240 for both the machine that works and the one that doesn't work.

SSShadii, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

1. Apps suspend when minimized, music stops - Similar Threads - Apps suspend minimized

2. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically: I'm trying to troubleshoot potential reasons for why a certain game keeps crashing. I've noticed that, upon entering this specific game, and checking task manager, one of the tasks connected to the game acquires as green leaf icon, and I am informed that the "UWP Process was...
  3. Minimal Power state, sami suspend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimal Power state, sami suspend.: I'm going on holiday, but I need to remote connect to the computer.Computer is behind 3 NAT.So, I can't use WOL via the router etc.Hot to make a semi suspend state?Turn off almost all, but still stay connected.I plan to run Anydesk or similar, so I will always see it over...
  4. Minimal Power state, sami suspend.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimal Power state, sami suspend.: I'm going on holiday, but I need to remote connect to the computer.Computer is behind 3 NAT.So, I can't use WOL via the router etc.Hot to make a semi suspend state?Turn off almost all, but still stay connected.I plan to run Anydesk or similar, so I will always see it over...
  5. Minimal Power state, sami suspend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  7. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  8. 3D Builder gets suspended when minimized or when switching to another desktop

3D Builder gets suspended when minimized or when switching to another desktop: Hi I have an issue with 3D Builder in Windows 10 that whenever I minimize it or switch to a different virtual desktop it immediately gets suspended, And since some of the operations take several hours to complete the repair task on some models take about 3 hours at 14% CPU...
  9. Edge will not play streamed music when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not play streamed music when minimized: Edge will not play streamed music when minimized, it has to be open on the desktop, from latest builds This is somewhat annoying, but not a deal breaker. FYI 6558
  10. Music apps won't play when minimized

Music apps won't play when minimized: So, I use a few music apps (Tunein, Audials, Third Party Pandora App). I notice that, when you minimize all of them in Windows 10, the music stops like a second later. How do you fix this? It didn't do this in Windows 8.1. I had no problem running Tunein for instance...