Windows 10: Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them

Discus and support Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, as the title describes, Windows 10 is suspending applications while I am actively using them. This also happens while I try to launch some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HyperionIXHL, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them

Hello, as the title describes, Windows 10 is suspending applications while I am actively using them. This also happens while I try to launch some applications, meaning I have to manually resume the process for them in the Resource Monitor app to just access them.

The problem started happening ever since the mid-April Windows update was forcefully installed without my consent while I was using my PC this is a different issue yet completely outrageous. This seemed to have added a UWP tag to those applications mentioned above, making them suspend randomly without reason.

Is there any way to un-set the UWP for applications, or perhaps a way to configure which apps I do not want to have suspended?

:)

HyperionIXHL, Apr 25, 2020

2. UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You might see the green leaf with suspended state beside the Minecraft app/program. However, the Green leaf shown beside any process is normal. The green leaf lets you know that the process is ready to use but is in suspended state.

This allows the computer to consume less RAM without affecting the performance of the processes. In other words, Windows puts the applications/processes in Ready state or blocks them from being executed by the processor until requested
    by user.

In this scenario we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check.

1. Press Windows + I key to Launch
      Windows Settings

2. Click Apps and select Apps & features from the left pane
    3. Scroll and select Minecraft and select Uninstall.
    4. Restart the PC and then reinstall from Microsoft Store.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 25, 2020
  3. DeLaguna Win User
    Suspended apps on task manager

Good day,

I am Florentino Windows 10 Expert, user, and Independent advisor. I have built/troubleshot/tutored on Custom Windows Computers for over a decade, and I am happy to help you.

Modern UWP (metro) apps are suspended by a svchost process that controls UWP app power states. Also, you can manually do this in the Resource Monitor yourself for any process thought you may not get the desired outcome if the program isn't programmed for that
    functionality. Generally, this is done to save system resources, like energy and CPU usage. The UWP apps are coded to allow this, that's why you don't see traditional Win32 programs going into a suspended state.

you should be able to unsuspend in the resource monitor.

Press the Windows key and type "Resource Monitor"

Select it out of the results.

Then click on overview. look for the process you want to unsuspend

right-click.

Choose Resume. If the process is able to resume it will. If it needs to be in a suspended state or is unresponsive it will stay suspended.

If you continue to have this problem and the program isn't acting right I suggest you contact the program developer using their help or tech support.

I hope this is helpful. Have a great day! Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them :)

Sincerely,

Florentino

DeLaguna, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Coresual Win User

Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them

Working around the Network Loopback Isolation of UWP Apps

I've been hitting a blockage trying to get my UWP App to receive data from a local UDP port in the following scenario:

• Windows 10 | Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    • UWP target and minimum Version 10.0.16299
    • Declared capabilities :
      • Internet (Client & Server)
      • Internet (Client)
    • UdpClient listening on 127.0.0.1:1234
    • Tested on two different systems in different networks with the same resulting behaviour

I am aware of the CheckNetIsolation tool and already tried the following steps multiple times:

• Ensuring that the App is registered while running with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -s
    • Clearing all exemptions with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -c and manually adding the App with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -a -n=*Package Family Name*
    • Running the App while all restrictions are cleared with CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -c

I am running my App from Visual Studio, awaiting for UdpClient.ReceiveAsync() to return something in a while loop.

My code works fine when i use it from a .Net Framework 4.7.2 Console App, so i can exclude any errors interfering on that end.

The only thing that lets me receive data in my UWP App is running CheckNetIsolation loopbackexempt -is -n=*Package Family Name*. As soon as i stop it from running, my UDP client stops receiving aata.

Sadly, the solution i found and other tools that redirect communication so that they appear to be sent by another source are not possible due to different contraints.

Coresual, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them

1. Apps Suspending due to UWP while using them - Similar Threads - Apps Suspending due

2. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  3. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  4. Windows suspends UWP apps while I'm using them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows suspends UWP apps while I'm using them: It’s so random. Sometimes I’ll be using the new Beta WhatsApp or using Settings or Notepads when all of a sudden the top bar disappears, Windows dings at me and the app completely freezes. If I check the task manager, there will be a little green leaf next to the app I was...
  5. UWP suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP suspending processes: Task Manager : Green Leaf Icon : "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance".This is the current problem. I require some tools to run for longer times or easiest of all a windows search over say 10,000+ files. After a few minutes UWP...
  6. Can't use Uwp apps :

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't use Uwp apps :: Everytime I want to open up a Windows 10 uwp app this pops up. Everytime I open up a Windows 8.1 uwp app it just immorality closes after 2 seconds of being opened. I've tried everything from dcim, sfc, troubleshooter, resetting the apps. I officially think the account is...
  7. Apps suspended after opening them

Apps suspended after opening them: I recently got a problem where if I try installing an app or opening an app it gets suspended immediately after opening it and then quits. Is there anyway to fix this? submitted by /u/Sea-Mathematician-66 [link] [comments]...
  8. Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager

Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager: Every time I try to open up any Microsoft app it closes immediately and on task manager it says the UWP is suspending this process does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried full on hard resetting my computer but nothing has worked....
  9. Is there a way to disable the "UWP app is suspended" option?

Is there a way to disable the "UWP app is suspended" option?: When I play Minecraft and go into a different Window, Minecraft usually gets disconnected from the internet, which if I'm playing online, that's a problem. Is the UWP suspension what's causing this to happen? If so, how do I turn it off? submitted by /u/DabbingCats2005...
  10. Application Suspended While In Use

Application Suspended While In Use: I work for an online teaching company called Magic Ears. Their tech team couldn't figure out a solution so I figured I would try here. It's a 1v4 video teaching platform. After a few classes (25min each) my camera will freeze on the last frame. The green light will turn off...