Windows 10: Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

Discus and support Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coffent, Jan 6, 2020.

1. coffent Win User

Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor (secondary) are all showing on the other (primary). Occasionally they can be located partially off-screen, so it's impossible to reach the title bar to move them. Even if I unlock the taskbar, I can't drag it back to the original monitor. If I move all the apps to the other monitor I am now able to drag the taskbar. I've checked the monitor cable connections and they seem fine. What else could be doing this, especially when the computer is in standby?

:)

coffent, Jan 6, 2020

2. Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Pc will not wake up from Standby

i would suggest you check how it is set to resume from standby, does your monitor automatically power off when the computer is turned off or do you have to press the power button on the monitor itself?

jocksteeluk, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby - Similar Threads - Apps switched monitor

2. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  3. Laptop is crashing during Standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is crashing during Standby.: Hi, my Laptop is crashing or shutting down during Standby. The Event Log can be found here. It did that a while ago. I uninstalled Windows back then and reinstalled it with a boot stick and it worked for a while. But now I'm at the same problem again. It shows other similar...
  4. Monitor Not Going To Standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Not Going To Standby: Hello,I had this issue with Windows 10 it was randomly working sometimes not. I upgraded to win 11 still the same. It's a fresh install. I contacted MSI they weren't able to help. said it was a windows issue.Now, before suggesting me basic troubleshooting steps. I have been...
  5. Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors suddenly loosing connection and switching into standby mode.: Hello, Recently I've ran into an issue with my setup. Sometimes when I'm gaming, both my monitors go black and switch to standby mode. The signal from the GPU is totally lost. I can still hear audio and the PC is still running fine but no matter what I do, it doesn't bring...
  6. Any way to switch one for the other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to switch one for the other?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netocavalcanti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i37jyn/any_way_to_switch_one_for_the_other/
  7. Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other?: I recently switched to Windows from mac. I now sit with two monitors, and have 3 desktops created. Is it possible to go to 'desktop 2' on my main monitor without my second monitor has to do it as well. So my second monitor keeps the windows open, that I was working on....
  8. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode!: Hello, I've ran into a new problem last 1 month I am having this issue and I have just diagnosed last night the problem that is causing my monitor to not turn off its display. It turns out that there is some very tiny drifting going on with my Afterglow Xbox One Gamepad...
  9. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems: I have two monitors attached to my desktop, for some reason Windows 10 has stopped automatically switching on my second monitor when windows loads. I therefore have to manually switch it on. Once switched on everything works ok! Has anybody got any idea's why this should...
  10. Mail app eating battery during standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mail app eating battery during standby: Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps Log full of these: [img] HxMail.WindowsBackgroundTask I guess this is the mail app? It seems bugged, is there a way to disable it? It cant be deactivated in the background apps... 32901