Windows 10: Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

Discus and support Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every boot and I have to choose (yes or no). I always choose 'no' but when I boot again, the same dialog boxes show again. The apps are: Macrium Reflect, Logitech Set Point and Google Chrome.

Skype opens (not minimized) and I would like it to open minimized.

Preton Ink Saver always starts on boot with a nag telling me that my trial period is over. How do I stop this nag screen?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Nisko, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Sep 4, 2018
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized - Similar Threads - Apps open boot

2. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized: I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every...
  3. I don't want a start-up PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't want a start-up PIN.: I don't want a start-up PIN. but suddenly my computer is asking me to set one up. I am running windows 10. How do I stop It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-dont-want-a-start-up-pin/e7198451-52d4-4577-8181-f5f917f7b813"
  4. How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?

How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?: First on my list is "Store". I have repeated told my firewall to always deny, but it keeps coming up. I know there are other Windows 10 apps that are just as pushy, and take up lots of CPU and bandwidth. What are they and how can I safely turn them off? 115199
  5. I don't want to have to log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I don't want to have to log in.: I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and found that I then had to log in. To make things easier I changed this to a Local Account log in but I don't really want to sign...
  6. Weather apps just don't want to run

Weather apps just don't want to run: I used to use the bundled weather app. Then this stopped working, telling me that it is corrupt. No end of repair, uninstall, re-install had any effect. Switched to AccuWeather. This worked for a few months. Then it suddenly stopped working - orange window opens for a few...
  7. I don't want version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't want version 1607: I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 Build 10586.839. I'd like to keep using Version 1511. I keep getting pushed to install Version 1607. Is there some way I can stay with 1511 and not get the frequent pushes to update to 1607? Thanks for any information. 81261
  8. Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Freezes/Touchpad opens Start Menu when I don't want it to.: Hello, #1 For some reason my touchpad on my HP 15 (2015 model with 8.1, now upgraded to Windows 10 1511) freezes. I hate that when it happens, you cant use it for 20 or 30 seconds or so. I close my lid and open it back up and it works normal, but then after a little bit it...
  9. I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi: Every time I start my PC it auto connects to WiFi, I don't want this to happen. I have turned off "connect automatically when in range" and I have unchecked the box "connect automatically when this network is in range" from the wireless network properties but it still auto...
  10. Don't want window's 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't want window's 10: Can anyone tell me how to uninstall windows 10 please? 21444