Windows 10: Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

Discus and support Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every boot and I have to choose (yes or no). I always choose 'no' but when I boot again, the same dialog boxes show again. The apps are: Macrium Reflect, Logitech Set Point and Google Chrome.

Skype opens (not minimized) and I would like it to open minimized.

Preton Ink Saver always starts on boot with a nag telling me that my trial period is over. How do I stop this nag screen?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Nisko, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Sep 4, 2018
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized - Similar Threads - Apps open boot

2. No, I don't want to restart and update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No, I don't want to restart and update.: I got home today to find my computer stuck on an update that i did not schedule. It did 30% in an hour. Luckly it restarted and i was able to boot Linux, so I can at least get some work done, but I am LIVID. I just wasted an hour of my time. Am i not allowed to have control...
  3. I don't want to reinstall Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't want to reinstall Win 10: Sooo... I recently purchased a new motherboard for my PC and, as you guessed, I want to replace the old one with the new one on my PC. I've never really done this kind of thing before but I heard that replacing motherboard requires Windows reinstallation. Considering how...
  4. I want to uninstall some of these applications, is this okay?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to uninstall some of these applications, is this okay?: My laptop's memory is full and I want to delete some of these applications, I'm not a user of Visula Studio or SQL Server. I just want to know if the application I deleted in this circle will have an impact on the performance of my laptop? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized: I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every...
  6. I don't want a start-up PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't want a start-up PIN.: I don't want a start-up PIN. but suddenly my computer is asking me to set one up. I am running windows 10. How do I stop It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-dont-want-a-start-up-pin/e7198451-52d4-4577-8181-f5f917f7b813"
  7. I don't want to have to log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I don't want to have to log in.: I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and found that I then had to log in. To make things easier I changed this to a Local Account log in but I don't really want to sign...
  8. Weather apps just don't want to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather apps just don't want to run: I used to use the bundled weather app. Then this stopped working, telling me that it is corrupt. No end of repair, uninstall, re-install had any effect. Switched to AccuWeather. This worked for a few months. Then it suddenly stopped working - orange window opens for a few...
  9. I don't want version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't want version 1607: I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 Build 10586.839. I'd like to keep using Version 1511. I keep getting pushed to install Version 1607. Is there some way I can stay with 1511 and not get the frequent pushes to update to 1607? Thanks for any information. 81261
  10. I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi: Every time I start my PC it auto connects to WiFi, I don't want this to happen. I have turned off "connect automatically when in range" and I have unchecked the box "connect automatically when this network is in range" from the wireless network properties but it still auto...