Windows 10: Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

Discus and support Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every boot and I have to choose (yes or no). I always choose 'no' but when I boot again, the same dialog boxes show again. The apps are: Macrium Reflect, Logitech Set Point and Google Chrome.

Skype opens (not minimized) and I would like it to open minimized.

Preton Ink Saver always starts on boot with a nag telling me that my trial period is over. How do I stop this nag screen?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Nisko, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Sep 4, 2018
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized - Similar Threads - Apps open boot

2. I don't want to make a mistake . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want to make a mistake . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I'm interested in buying a, renewed Dell Optiplex 7440. Amazon has them, for under $500. Believe it, or not. I'm retired. But, never had a credit card. I want to make, good decisions. Is there, any advantage. Getting,...
  3. Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized?: O there is this software i want to minimize and have running in the background byt none of the function keys work for it and the minimize option when right clicking is greyed out. Im pretty sure its a PrO fEaTuRe but is there anyway around it thanks! submitted by...
  4. I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone: If I have my microphone turned off, the camera app complains. I get a popup every time I open the app, every time I start a video recording and even every time I delete a video. I turned off the mic in the Camera app's settings, but it still complains. How do I get the...
  5. I don't want automatic billing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't want automatic billing: I was billed for Office I want my credit card number removed so I wont be billed again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-dont-want-automatic-billing/93960b27-1907-470a-b518-bc5802463195
  6. I don't want sticky notes to minimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want sticky notes to minimize: Hello! Is it possible to get sticky notes to actually stick to the desktop, pretty much making them a part of the desktop? Meaning that when I click minimize for instance bottom right corner the notes, as part of the desktop, does not minimize. cheers Claes...
  7. I don't want Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want Skype for Business: Since my Windows 10 desktop computer is a home computer, I do I uninstall Skype for Business? I uninstalled the regular Skype software shortly after I started using my new HP Desktop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Office was not included with Windows 10, so I...
  8. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  9. No, I don't want to restart and update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No, I don't want to restart and update.: I got home today to find my computer stuck on an update that i did not schedule. It did 30% in an hour. Luckly it restarted and i was able to boot Linux, so I can at least get some work done, but I am LIVID. I just wasted an hour of my time. Am i not allowed to have control...
  10. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized: I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every...