Windows 10: Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

Discus and support Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every boot and I have to choose (yes or no). I always choose 'no' but when I boot again, the same dialog boxes show again. The apps are: Macrium Reflect, Logitech Set Point and Google Chrome.

Skype opens (not minimized) and I would like it to open minimized.

Preton Ink Saver always starts on boot with a nag telling me that my trial period is over. How do I stop this nag screen?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Nisko, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Sep 4, 2018
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized - Similar Threads - Apps open boot

2. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  3. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  4. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I don't want it...

I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  6. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  7. Windows Photo opens when I don't want it to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo opens when I don't want it to: Hello,I've been cleaning out photo files, deleting duplicates, etc. I have two folders open, side by side, to compare photos. If I find duplicates, I click on them one at a time using Ctl+click to highlight them. Sometimes just clicking ONCE on the first photo causes Windows...
  8. Windows Photo opens when I don't want it to

Windows Photo opens when I don't want it to: Hello,I've been cleaning out photo files, deleting duplicates, etc. I have two folders open, side by side, to compare photos. If I find duplicates, I click on them one at a time using Ctl+click to highlight them. Sometimes just clicking ONCE on the first photo causes Windows...
  9. I don't want sticky notes to minimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want sticky notes to minimize: Hello! Is it possible to get sticky notes to actually stick to the desktop, pretty much making them a part of the desktop? Meaning that when I click minimize for instance bottom right corner the notes, as part of the desktop, does not minimize. cheers Claes...
  10. Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized

Apps that open on boot that I don't want/also want some minimized: I have some apps that automatically start on boot and would like to change that (for some). It was easy on Windows 7 but I don't know how to do it in Windows 10.Also, every time I boot, there are three or four apps that ask me if I want them to load automatically on every...