Windows 10: Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom

Discus and support Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo S340 laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I have a problem with apps. When I click on most apps, they open fine and fill the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertDenison1, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom

I have a Lenovo S340 laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft programs. I have a problem with apps. When I click

on most apps, they open fine and fill the screen. However I have a few apps that when I click on them, they open,

but only fill 25% of the screen from top to bottom. Only the Cortana app opens full when I hit "windows, shift and enter"

together. Does someone know how to correct this?

:)

RobertDenison1, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 4, 2020
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 4, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom

Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

I only get it with apps that were previously using the space the taskbar was going to use before it was moved to the top. For example with HWMonitor put it to the top of screen when task bar is at bottom:

Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom [​IMG]

Close app and then move taskbar to top

Open HWMonitor and it remembers its old position (the top is hidden under the taskbar)

Resize (here I just made it narrower) and the top jumps so it is no longer under the taskbar and will not go under it again.

So perhaps moving the taskbar like you are is perpetuating the problem.

Try making your app not full screen and in the middle of the screen. Close it then move taskbar to top. Then open your app again.

Interestingly the taskbar properties box goes over the taskbar if taskbar is at the top and under it if the taskbar is at the bottom but that is another story...

lx07, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom

1. Apps that open to only fill 25% of the screen top to bottom - Similar Threads - Apps open fill

2. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen: *Sorry for my bad english*Windows 10I have an asus VG258q monitor.As the title says my screen is reflecting the top part to the bottom part.I already tried to update/uninstall my graphics drivers, monitor drivers, changing resolutions, changing monitor hz, creating new...
  3. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen: *Sorry for my bad english*Windows 10I have an asus VG258q monitor.As the title says my screen is reflecting the top part to the bottom part.I already tried to update/uninstall my graphics drivers, monitor drivers, changing resolutions, changing monitor hz, creating new...
  4. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  6. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  7. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen: Hello, I am having a similar problem to this question asked, but on my surface pro 4 device's monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-at-the-half-bottom-of-the-screen/57e0df49-cfb1-41a5-8fb0-688fc1fead3d However none of the...
  9. The top of my screen is moved to the bottom. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The top of my screen is moved to the bottom. Help?: [ATTACH] So my computer has been running into an issue lately where the top of the screen is moved to the bottom. I don't know why this happens, but when it does, it covers the bottom of the taskbar and makes it impossible to tell what is and isn't open. It's not computer...
  10. Screen bumping and mirroring top and bottom.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen bumping and mirroring top and bottom.: I used to alt tab a lot and there was delays when switching from games to desktop but now tht delay is gone. Its like monitors trying to jam in game and desktop screen at the same time. submitted by /u/glaive09 [link] [comments]...