Windows 10: apps through firewall

Discus and support apps through firewall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; please tell me is it safe to have all boxes checked , public and private apps that can communicate through firewalls?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maureenvrieze, Jan 11, 2020.

1. apps through firewall

please tell me is it safe to have all boxes checked , public and private apps that can communicate through firewalls?

:)

maureenvrieze, Jan 11, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 11, 2020
  4. apps through firewall

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

apps through firewall

1. apps through firewall - Similar Threads - apps through firewall

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  4. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  5. add printer through Firewall

add printer through Firewall: Hello I want to add my brother printer to my windows 10. Every time I print I have to deactivate my firewall Can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-printer-through-firewall/2822c00a-2e84-4b3f-91ff-0e1bcd33e26a
  6. Why cant I allow an app through Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why cant I allow an app through Windows Firewall: [IMG] I can't click on " Change settings" I'm singed in as the built in Administrator account. https://preview.redd.it/z9hgjdzl2vv41.png?width=1124&format=png&auto=webp&s=625170b840eaf6847a4ec84676f0f52b0a220a08 submitted by /u/woubulbus [link] [comments]...
  7. Why do apps need access to communicate through firewalls?

Why do apps need access to communicate through firewalls?: I recently downloaded Unity and it wants me to allow access through the firewall. I trust it and I allowed it through private networks but I don't understand why I need to do this. What does Unity need to have from my computer that my firewall blocks? And not just unity but...
  8. Permission to communicate through firewall

Permission to communicate through firewall: How do you determine which App is legitimate communicating through the firewall (privately vs publicly). I notice some which concerns me greatly... a string of capital letters and numbers...
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall

Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall: Everytime I start an app I have to go into Windows firewall and find the listing of the app (it creates a new entry for the app everytime I start the app so there are now dozens of them) and manually change the permissions. I then need to stop the app and started it again,...