Windows 10: Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates

Discus and support Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Pretty much as title says, whenever an app from the Microsoft store updates and is pinned to start, it will grey out until you reboot your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nickwithtea93, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates

Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates IKc66pq14vJJDpgmAs1cs4INdHvqObD8MWCpcWImze4.jpg

Pretty much as title says, whenever an app from the Microsoft store updates and is pinned to start, it will grey out until you reboot your PC, or re-create the shortcut. Any chance we can get this fixed? Here's a screenshot. Latest official version of windows 10. Been an issue for a while

The \"your phone\" app

submitted by /u/nickwithtea93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nickwithtea93, Sep 3, 2020

2. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Commands run and finished

Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates [​IMG]

But nothing changed *Sad

Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates [​IMG]

AbdoZaghloul, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

I've all Telemetry related services disabled and store and other apps were working fine,
    may be updates get stuck because of that ?? idk !

While searching for another fixes for my problem, I found this topic,
    where one reply has nearly the same commands suggested by OldMike65.

Although I've used this code multiple times with no luck, I carried on and tried the rest of solution and used this code:
    Code:
    Code:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    and voilà !!!! this time to my surprise Store is WORKING !!!! *Eek

Thank you guys very much for your help. *Party

AbdoZaghloul, Sep 3, 2020
  4. VishalV Win User

Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates

Can't pin an app to start

I mistakenly deleted an app tile from the start page. It still appears in the alphabetical list, but "pin to start" is greyed out now.

How do I undo this mistake please?

VishalV, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates

1. Apps updated from store that are pinned to Start, grey out after updates - Similar Threads - Apps updated store

2. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  3. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  4. Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update: I now have awful Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after the 21H1 update was automatically installed on my computer. As Windows 10 Pro version 2004 ends having updates after December 2021, I am forced to have this horrible version. Why has Microsoft dictated how I...
  5. Windows apps greyed out, stuck updating including store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps greyed out, stuck updating including store: most apps from the microsoft store are greyed out in the start menu, with a bar underneath indicating they are updatingthe problem is probably because the microsoft store is also stuck updating.I dont know how to fix this, i have already tried some things:wsreset.exe opens...
  6. Hypervisor is greyed out after 21H! update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hypervisor is greyed out after 21H! update: Hi, I updated Win 10 Pro 64bit to Version 21H1 (Build 19043.985) and all is OK excepting Hyper-V Hypervisor, its greyed out. So, I cant create a dual boot Windows-Macrium using viBoot of Macrium Reflect 7 as I had in my HP Envy Notebook, prior to this recent update. I tried...
  7. “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out: I am the only account, and therefore administrator, of this machine. I've managed to enable this feature using a registry tweak, but I don't think it's working since I just had to update Windows Camera manually. What should I do? Thank you. Edition Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Store app greyed out, doesn't start: Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help . [img] I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps, the update seems to be stuck for some time it was taking long time than usual. Then suddenly store app was closed and don't open any more !! (in the...
  9. Store auto update button greyed out

Store auto update button greyed out: Just updated laptop to windows 10 home. Store auto update button greyed out--says contact administrator. There is no other account on this machine except one admin account, and the sign on is with a Microsoft account. Seems to be no way to add any other admin account or sign...
  10. Start menu "greyed out" after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu "greyed out" after Creators update: So, my start menu greyed out after Creators update, - https://i.gyazo.com/c17e75bb1a743d38...897d67e5d2.png What can I do about it? Please help, need advice. I tried reboot, switch start menu settings, end explorer.exe process and start it again - didn't help. 81254