Windows 10: Apps uses so much RAM

Discus and support Apps uses so much RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before i run "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool", all of the processes use 50% of a 4gb RAM, but after running the "Memory Diagnostic Tool" chrome uses so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XpertTiger, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Apps uses so much RAM

Before i run "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool", all of the processes use 50% of a 4gb RAM, but after running the "Memory Diagnostic Tool" chrome uses so much ram more than before, and also i think that other apps slightly increased their RAM usage.
    anybody can help me with this?
    Specs:
    Pentium G4560
    Apacer 4GB ddr4 2400mhz
    Asus GT730

submitted by /u/XpertTiger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XpertTiger, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Apps uses so much RAM :D

DrunkenMafia, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Apps uses so much RAM

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Apps uses so much RAM

1. Apps uses so much RAM - Similar Threads - Apps uses much

2. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram: windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB of rami have an I5 9 and rx580...
  3. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram: windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB of rami have an I5 9 and rx580...
  4. Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?: This issue randomly came up where the Service Host: Network Service started using anywhere from 60-70% of my RAM, specifically the Network Service with Delivery Optimization underneath of it is the only one giving me trouble. Takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours for this...
  5. Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?: This issue randomly came up where the Service Host: Network Service started using anywhere from 60-70% of my RAM, specifically the Network Service with Delivery Optimization underneath of it is the only one giving me trouble. Takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours for this...
  6. Why is dwm.exe (desktop window manager) using so much ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is dwm.exe (desktop window manager) using so much ram?: The only programs I have open are zoom, chrome and discord. I opened task manager to see that dwm.exe was using about 2800 mb of ram. I have 16gb in total so it wasn't that much of an issue but I think this is out of the ordinary. submitted by /u/Loading_Playz [link]...
  7. Why is YouTube using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is YouTube using so much RAM?: I am watching videos right now. I have my task manager up and once I use the search page, my memory usage shoots up at least ten percent if not more. Apparently nobody else is having this problem since I asked this question multiple times before in the YouTube sub with no...
  8. Service local system using so much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service local system using so much ram: My name is arjun and i bought a new laptop from asus online .but it has a problem my laptop is using so much ram and when i looked at my task manager a system called service host local system is using so much ram and makes my computer slow can anybody help me...
  9. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...
  10. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...