Windows 10: Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive

Discus and support Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change a default program on my laptop so image files will open in Photoshop. I already have Photoshop software installed but because it's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElyseReissman, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive

I want to change a default program on my laptop so image files will open in Photoshop. I already have Photoshop software installed but because it's an older version it isn't an app. I originally installed it from a disk. When I try to change the default in Windows Settings it doesn't appear as an option. Could it be possible that Windows 10 only "sees" apps but not installed programs? That doesn't sound right. Can someone help me figure out how to change that default? I also need to change the default file location from OneDrive, which I don't use.

Thanks

:)

ElyseReissman, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 27, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jun 27, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive

1. Apps vs Programs & Getting Rid of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Apps Programs Getting

2. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  3. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  4. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive vs. OneDrive-Personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive vs. OneDrive-Personal: Is there a difference between OneDrive and OneDrive-Personal? I have both in File Explorer. They mostly contain the same files but there are some differences. How can I either "meld" these two or just delete one?...
  6. OneDrive vs. OneDrive-Personal

OneDrive vs. OneDrive-Personal: Is there a difference between OneDrive and OneDrive-Personal? I have both in File Explorer. They mostly contain the same files but there are some differences. How can I either "meld" these two or just delete one?...
  7. OneDrive How do i get rid of it

OneDrive How do i get rid of it: I hate the program, I have tried to disable it does not work. There must be a way. Itis to the point of going to something othan than Windows....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/64fdccb1-b853-425d-83ce-85c39b9f81a3
  8. Can't Get Rid of Program

Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...
  9. OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive

OneDrive personal vs OneDrive for business vs GoogleDrive: Just curious to know: from a technical point of view: what are the differences between OneDrive personal, the default OneDrive or the one coming with 365, versus OneDrive for Business? Background: there may be applications, like SnagIt, that do support OneDrive for Business,...
  10. Get Rid of "Get Windows" app

Get Rid of "Get Windows" app: This app is a major pain. 1. I may have missed something with the easy solution? From: How to Disable the “Get Office” Notifications on Windows 10 Notifications and Actions> >System >Settings "Get Office" not shown ======== 2. This solution seems radial? Lacking much...