Windows 10: Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

Discus and support Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; recently i just change my laptop SSD to a lager one, so i make a clean install of windows 11, but i keep getting problem, those problem make me format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew Tan Yin Kit, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

recently i just change my laptop SSD to a lager one, so i make a clean install of windows 11, but i keep getting problem, those problem make me format and install so many times, sometimes either the fingerprint not working, or some of the feature not working, or sometimes some of the setting can't be set properly, or sometimes the optional features can't be install, for example the wireless display feature, ,sometimes even the windows update not working, just saying it has error BTW, every time i was install from the windows USB, and it's is a newly downloaded windows 11 22H2, i am, not just

:)

Andrew Tan Yin Kit, Oct 3, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Oct 3, 2022
  4. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

1. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu - Similar Threads - Apps was missing

2. Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu: Hisuddenly, all pinned apps in the start menu have disappeared, even if I search for them they are not therethis is for all apps, Microsoft, office, and third party. the apps will work if I opened from the Folder in Programs Files, but it does not appear in the start menu....
  3. Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are missing from windows 11 start menu: Hisuddenly, all pinned apps in the start menu have disappeared, even if I search for them they are not therethis is for all apps, Microsoft, office, and third party. the apps will work if I opened from the Folder in Programs Files, but it does not appear in the start menu....
  4. Windows 11 Apps and Features missing from the menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Apps and Features missing from the menu: I have search for this menu to enable an upload that is not a verified MS app. I need to change the settings but everywhere I search, I cannot find it.So frustrating that I can't download any apps to run....
  5. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu: recently i just change my laptop SSD to a lager one, so i make a clean install of windows 11, but i keep getting problem, those problem make me format and install so many times, sometimes either the fingerprint not working, or some of the feature not working, or sometimes...
  6. Icons missing from Start Menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Icons missing from Start Menu on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If the Icons are missing from the Start Menu on your Windows 11/10; here are some working fixes to help you resolve the issue successfully. Windows 11 is an upgrade over Windows 10. The change can be seen throughout the UI but is more apparent in the Start Menu....
  7. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  8. Apps missing from search and start menu

Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  9. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. App icons missing from Start menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App icons missing from Start menu: [ATTACH] The thumbnails on some apps downloaded from microsoft store are missing. I tried reinstalling these apps. But the problem is not solved. Moreover I cannot download messenger app from microsoft store. How can I solve this problems....