Windows 10: Apps will not start except web browsers

Discus and support Apps will not start except web browsers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 x64. All of my apps fail to start when I click on them. Web browsers seem to work as they should. I tried System Restore to go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkJoliat, May 16, 2020.

1. Apps will not start except web browsers

I have Windows 10 x64. All of my apps fail to start when I click on them. Web browsers seem to work as they should. I tried System Restore to go back to a restore point 2 days previous. No luck. I've tried updating, but the update fails every time with error 0x8007025d. I thought Norton might be stopping the update, so I turned Norton off. Still no luck. I tried starting Windows in a Safe mode. No luck.

Any idea or suggestions

:)

MarkJoliat, May 16, 2020
  2. Jatkowski Win User

Can no longer access apps in web browser

Mays, I did each of the steps in the order you listed and then restarted the computer, I have just tried 1.Clicking on an app (stickypassword) 2.it again opens on top of the web browser page 3.But when I moved the mouse the open app disappears from the web
    browser open page 4.When I minimize the browser the app is on the desktop So nothing changed with this fix. What else can I try

Thank you

bunnie

Jatkowski, May 16, 2020
  3. can not change web default browser

Hi Soniapayne,

You may try these.

Follow the steps below:

For Windows 10:

• Select the start button, and then type
      Default app settings

• In the search results, select default app settings

• Under web browser, select the browser currently listed and then select Mozilla fire fox or another browser
    For Windows 7, 8.1:

• Go to control panel

• In the search box, located on the upper right corner
      type Default programs

• Click on Default programs

• Click on Set your default program

• Click on Mozilla Firefox

• Click on Set this program as default

• Click Ok

Hope this helps.

Nathaniel_M, May 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Apps will not start except web browsers

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Apps will not start except web browsers

1. Apps will not start except web browsers - Similar Threads - Apps start except

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  6. Setting Default App for Web Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  7. Web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  8. After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works: Overnight, I upgraded from Version 1903 to 1909 (build & other information is in my signature). The only web browser that now works is Edge, even though my default app is set to Google Chrome. Before, I use Macrium Reflect to restore my image, is there anything I can do to...
  9. Can no longer access apps in web browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer access apps in web browser: Windows 10 pro When I click to open app on the taskbar while I am using a webbrowser the app opens in the browser but once I move the cursor from the app icon the open app disappears to the desktop Then I must close or minimize the browser to engage the app, For example, I...
  10. Make firefox as default app for "web browser"

in Browsers and Email
    Make firefox as default app for "web browser": Dear folks I was trying to change default app for " web browser" from Microsoft Edge to Firefox as per below : How to change your default browser in Windows 10 | Firefox Help I can't find Firefox as an option ? [img] Any idea how can I fix it ? Thx 101100