Windows 10: Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

Discus and support Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a secondhand Dell Latitude E6420 that I'm running windows on, I've had it for a few weeks and it generally works fine. I've tried to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaydonBunish, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

I have a secondhand Dell Latitude E6420 that I'm running windows on, I've had it for a few weeks and it generally works fine. I've tried to download three different apps, one was installed with a .msi file and it works perfectly fine, and the other two were both installed with .EXE files. Whenever I try opening the other apps they only open to a black screen, I get no error messages and I still have the taskbar at the bottom of my screen. I can switch to other apps and use my computer as normal, but it takes awhile for the app to close. I've tried reinstalling them both, and have restarted my computer multiple times but nothing seems to help.

:)

JaydonBunish, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Tintai Win User

Exe file slow to open

Yes

ASRock p67 PRO3 B3. How can I take screen from BIOS?

But now I tested one thing. Exe files from WinRar(SFX archive) open faster. When I click on SFX archive(exe) I must wait max 1 seconds.
    So the problem is only for application like installers.

Tintai, Sep 26, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

1. Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen - Similar Threads - Apps EXE install

2. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  3. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  4. Select An App To Open This .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  5. Select An App To Open This .exe File

Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  6. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  7. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  8. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  9. .exe files and some apps wont open

10. EXE Files only opening as 7zip

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EXE Files only opening as 7zip: Good day, I'm currently helping with some office work as tech support, and I've run into an issue while trying to install a printer driver on an older laptop. One of the office workers needed a computer, so I found an older laptop and updated it to Windows 10, and it has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen on.exe