Windows 10: Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

Discus and support Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a secondhand Dell Latitude E6420 that I'm running windows on, I've had it for a few weeks and it generally works fine. I've tried to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaydonBunish, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

I have a secondhand Dell Latitude E6420 that I'm running windows on, I've had it for a few weeks and it generally works fine. I've tried to download three different apps, one was installed with a .msi file and it works perfectly fine, and the other two were both installed with .EXE files. Whenever I try opening the other apps they only open to a black screen, I get no error messages and I still have the taskbar at the bottom of my screen. I can switch to other apps and use my computer as normal, but it takes awhile for the app to close. I've tried reinstalling them both, and have restarted my computer multiple times but nothing seems to help.

:)

JaydonBunish, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Tintai Win User

Exe file slow to open

Yes

ASRock p67 PRO3 B3. How can I take screen from BIOS?

But now I tested one thing. Exe files from WinRar(SFX archive) open faster. When I click on SFX archive(exe) I must wait max 1 seconds.
    So the problem is only for application like installers.

Tintai, Sep 26, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen

1. Apps with EXE install files only open to a black screen - Similar Threads - Apps EXE install

2. Photos App opens with black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  3. EXE Files only opening as 7zip

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EXE Files only opening as 7zip: Good day, I'm currently helping with some office work as tech support, and I've run into an issue while trying to install a printer driver on an older laptop. One of the office workers needed a computer, so I found an older laptop and updated it to Windows 10, and it has...
  4. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  5. Issue with opening exe files and opening apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with opening exe files and opening apps from taskbar: when i try and open exe files from my file browser or my desktop it comes up with "you'll need a new app to open this .exe file" and when i try and open apps from taskbar it says C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User...
  6. issue with open exe files and opening apps from taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issue with open exe files and opening apps from taskbar: when i try and open exe files from my file browser or my desktop it comes up with "you'll need a new app to open this .exe file" and when i try and open apps from taskbar it says C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You'll need a new app to open this .exe file: A couple of things, firstly I am unable to open ANY application unless I run as administrator, or else "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" appears. This dialogue box also appears every now and then which is insanely annoying. I am unable to open apps on the...
  8. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  9. Missing "open with" options for EXEs only.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "open with" options for EXEs only.: I can see it when I open text files and such but not when opening exes. This usually isn't a problem but for some reason I have one exe that is opening with adobe flash player... Edit: Ok it's not only with exes but it does work for some types but not others....
  10. Can't open any *.exe files or windows apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open any *.exe files or windows apps.: Open a file or app I get a System file error (-1073741819) I search and find to sfc /scannow, also did the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth. I did these scans and troubleshoot many times but it does not resolve the problem. Today I find Create Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen on.exe