Windows 10: Apps wont install from downloads folder

Discus and support Apps wont install from downloads folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, i have some strange bug on my windows 10 20H2 version. When i download any app from internet and when i try to install them when they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Camby99, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Apps wont install from downloads folder

Hello guys,

i have some strange bug on my windows 10 20H2 version. When i download any app from internet and when i try to install them when they are in downloads folder, i get an error that app wont install BUT when i move that installation to any other folder and any other disk, app install normally like nothing happened. I searched on internet for this bug but i found nothing. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Im annoyed moving app to other folders anytime i want to install something.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Camby99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Camby99, Dec 9, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 9, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Apps wont install from downloads folder

Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Apps wont install from downloads folder

1. Apps wont install from downloads folder - Similar Threads - Apps wont install

2. it wont let me download app installer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    it wont let me download app installer: there is no install button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-download-app-installer/a0b08eb7-94fc-44c2-abde-ec9b0e5856ea
  3. it wont let me download app installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it wont let me download app installer: there is no install button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-download-app-installer/a0b08eb7-94fc-44c2-abde-ec9b0e5856ea
  4. it wont let me download app installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer wont download anything from setup apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wont download anything from setup apps: basically, what the subject says. I've been trying to download an app to make my phone into a mic for me to play games. Can't find anything on YouTube about it....
  6. computer wont download anything from setup apps

computer wont download anything from setup apps: basically, what the subject says. I've been trying to download an app to make my phone into a mic for me to play games. Can't find anything on YouTube about it....
  7. computer wont download anything from setup apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. apps that wont download

apps that wont download: How do I download AVG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-that-wont-download/7c7f1c9a-ad72-42f4-830a-662964c9b74c
  9. Photos app from store wont download

Photos app from store wont download: The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on? 116552
  10. Photos app from store wont download

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos app from store wont download: The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on? 116552