Windows 10: Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10

Discus and support Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just turned on my computer and the "We are getting your computer ready" or something like that message popped up. I thought that the most logical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by esainzm, Oct 2, 2016.

1. esainzm Win User

Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10

So I just turned on my computer and the "We are getting your computer ready" or something like that message popped up. I thought that the most logical thing was that my computer just installed and update.

So I go in and nothing opens, Ive tried with Chrome, Skype, Microsoft Edge, Windows Store other apps from different companies, and none of them open at all.

At the beginning Cortana, the home button, and all the other features on my desktop would work but after a minute they wont open too.

I can open my Library, it takes time for it to open, I can go through my files and open folders but when i try to open anything else, it just won't.

I can open Task Manager, and everytime I tried to open any app it would say that it was running but it doesn't appear like it is. If I try to open an app several times (lets say I click Skype 5 times) It would say in Task Manager that Skype is running, 5 different times. Also when I first pen task Manager it will tell me that nothing is running and I have to click more details to see that Skype is running 5 times.

Some apps like Chrome will open but the window will be completely blank.

If I click on some app that usually would open the "This app wants to make changes to your pc" Window, it will make that distinctive sound and the background would go blurry but the window wont show and I can't go back without restarting my computer.

I've tried to restart my computer several times, not only did it not work but sometimes after the restart the computer screen would just be black so I have to restart it again until it decides to open.

I can use my mouse and keyboard just fine.

Other apps that open (looks like the basic Window apps): Recycle bin, Library, Task Manager.

Thanks for any kind stranger helping

:)

esainzm, Oct 2, 2016

2. App Store Wont Open

Original title: App Store

After updating to Windows 10, the app store won't open. How can this be fixed?

TishawnnaSmith, Oct 2, 2016
  3. J Sunde Win User
    Photos App in Windows 10 won't open

Hi,

My Photos app in Windows 10 was working fine for quite a while after upgrading (and getting the Fall Update). But all of a sudden the app won't open, the live tile won't work, and it comes up with the error "Element not found" when I try to open a file.

I have already run the Windows Store App troubleshooter with no success.

J Sunde, Oct 2, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi esainzm and welcome to Tenforums.
    I wonder if it would help to create a new administrative-level user account and see if that doesn't get things working?
    User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    I would use the option to create at command prompt. If you can get Task Manager open, you can select File>Run New Task, and type in cmd and check the box to create this task with administrative privileges.
    Once you've got a new user created (and, I'd make it without a password), then see if you can get to the area to turn off Fast Startup in the Power Options in Control Panel.

simrick, Oct 2, 2016
  5. esainzm Win User
    Thanks for answering, but the problem isn't solved, so I did what you told me and when I logged in to my new account everything worked fine I was relieved, I turned off the Fast Startup, restarted and then went to my original account. This time it took some time for it to start so I guess the changes were applied but my other account still doesn't work. Any ideas?

esainzm, Oct 3, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    So the new account works, Fast Startup is turned off, and the old account is still not working?
    Please run the system file checker in the new account, at an admin command prompt:
    Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] Make sure the result is no integrity violations found.

Sounds like the old account is corrupt. In this case, the easiest thing to do is transfer all your data from the corrupt account to the new account, then delete the corrupt account. *Smile

simrick, Oct 3, 2016
  7. esainzm Win User
    I ran the command in the old account, it wouldn't let me in the new one (and the runa s administrator checkbox wasn't there for some reason) , point is at the end it said: did not find any integrity violations. So I guess I have to erase this account *Sad Is there an easy fast way to do that? I have a lot of stuff (specially games) would be kind of a pain to reinstall them all.
    Thanks

esainzm, Oct 3, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Okay, sounds like it's best to delete the corrupted user account. First, all your installed programs will still be available to the new user account. So, you don't have to reinstall anything.

All you have to do is transfer the data from the old user to the new user. Really, you could open 2 File Explorer windows and just copy/paste from one to the other.

Once you have all your data transferred, see here:
    User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Apps won't open

2. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  3. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  4. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Calendar App won't open after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar App won't open after update: Both my PC and laptop have just updated over the last couple of days and now my calendar app when opens just flashes and immediately disappears. Mail app opens ok but when I select calendar from the mail app, it disappears again. What has happened?...
  6. Calendar App won't open after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar App won't open after update: Both my PC and laptop have just updated over the last couple of days and now my calendar app when opens just flashes and immediately disappears. Mail app opens ok but when I select calendar from the mail app, it disappears again. What has happened?...
  7. Windows 10 apps won't open after reset

Windows 10 apps won't open after reset: I recently got a new laptop but experienced problems with the the local disk being full and other glitches after setting it up. I decided to reset it and reinstalled windows cumulative update wouldn't install though. The glitches stopped but the apps e.g calculator, store,...
  8. Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

Windows Store and store apps won't open after update: Yesterday I noticed Windows updates were failing so I set out to get updated to the latest version. That eventually led me to updating via the MediaCreationTool provided my Microsoft. Since updating I have not been able to open MS Store or any MS Store app. The app will...
  9. apps/programs won't open after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps/programs won't open after recent windows 10 update: After recent windows 10 update none of my apps open: Word, Excel, third party virus & malware, just about every program except Microsoft Edge. Need some help. Very frustrating. Can't get any work done!...
  10. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open: I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors months ago, which I thought I resolved when clearing space in the C: drive. Now it won't search for updates, notify me about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weatherbug app wont open after the update

2. windows phone apps wont open

3. win 10 wont open after update

4. after updating windows 10 apps wont open,
  5. apps wont open after update,
  6. windows 10 wont open after update,
  7. apps wont open after update windows 10