Windows 10: Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu

Discus and support Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So one time i was bored and decided to play solitaire and when i clicked on the Microsoft Solitaire app i didnt open and a download bar appeared under... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HrisHikari, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu

So one time i was bored and decided to play solitaire and when i clicked on the Microsoft Solitaire app i didnt open and a download bar appeared under it. Then i opened the Microsoft Store and saw that solitaire wasnt even downloading, and when i clicked on it to start downloading it said "Acquiring License" and after a few minutes it said error.

Now i can live without Solitaire, but the problem is that it isnt the only app that cant open. More of them are: Microsoft Whiteboard, Messenger, Xbox, Twitter, HP Smart, Microsoft Photos, Windows Calculator, Your Phone, Windows Camera and there is probably more off these, that i just havent opened yet.

And also when i screenshot with Win+Shift+S i select the area i want to screenshot and then it glitches and it gets stuck on something , i cant click anything and have to do Alt+F4 to exit this thing. The screenshot is still saved in my clipboard and i can paste it but the Snip and Sketch notification to edit it after that doesnt show up. That problem began around the same time the other one did so i guess they are related.

Here are some screenshots:

Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu 129477fb-869a-4ea0-a17b-66130015e01e?upload=true.png

Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu fedaa64c-1368-457e-9d93-28feef307439?upload=true.png

Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu 11fe4035-5da0-4833-ad77-a64c3b3bf939?upload=true.png

:)

HrisHikari, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu

start menu wont open?

why wont the start menu open?

danderson400, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu

1. Apps wont open and have download bars under them in the start menu - Similar Threads - Apps wont open

2. Windows apps have a download bar and wont let me open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps have a download bar and wont let me open settings: My pc wont let me use any windows apps. They all have a download bar and only calendar has any download progress to it but it wont let me use any of them or go into my settings to check to see what the issue is....
  3. Windows apps have a download bar and wont let me open settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps have a download bar and wont let me open settings: My pc wont let me use any windows apps. They all have a download bar and only calendar has any download progress to it but it wont let me use any of them or go into my settings to check to see what the issue is....
  4. Windows apps have a download bar and wont let me open settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Start Menu Wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Wont open: My start menu will not open. some apps on the task bar also give error "Class Not Registered"Im also unable to open the task manager to possibly restart the process and when i try to open it its just blank with nothing in the window.... My chrome button on the task bar works...
  6. Settings/start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings/start menu wont open: Hey new guy here my settings/start/volume/notifications wont open and apps wont open I've tried rebooting my windows explorer and didn't do anything my calculator app won't open either. I've been having alot of trouble with my account because my settings won't sync because it...
  7. Blank Bar appearing under windows apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Bar appearing under windows apps in start menu: Hello there everyone!I'm having a question and i will be proud if i will get an answerEverytime when i boot up my PC, i'm having a issue with some of my apps such as Microsoft Store not opening, blank bars showing under apps, also not opening, and i cannot uninstall them,...
  8. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  9. Start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont open: Good day. I bought my laptop with win 10 installed. Today I tried to shutdown but could not open start menu as neither the win key nor start button was working. Any suggestions ,please. 47294
  10. start menu wont open?

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu wont open?: why wont the start menu open? 18661