Windows 10: Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

Discus and support Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark W. Williamson, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if it does open an app, it opens it up behind ever other currently open screen. You can only open apps on the front screen by typing the name of the app in the searchbar. This very annoying if you are working simultaneously on a number of apps, such as File Explorer, Word and Powerpoint. I have seen a few suggested fixes, but they make reference to buttons in Settings that do not appear on my Taskbar settings screen I seem to recall that, in older versions of Windows, there was a Taskbar setting that you could click and all new files opened on the top screen. I cannot seem to find such a button on this machine. If the apps are already open, you can access the files that are already open by hovering over the taskbar button for the app, but if the app is not already running, this does not work. Any suggestions?

:)

Mark W. Williamson, Jul 23, 2020

2. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if it does open an app, it opens it up behind ever other currently
    open screen. You can only open apps on the front screen by typing the name of the app in the searchbar. This very annoying if you are working simultaneously on a number of apps, such as File Explorer, Word and Powerpoint. I have seen a few suggested fixes,
    but they make reference to buttons in Settings that do not appear on my Taskbar settings screen (I seem to recall that, in older versions of Windows, there was a Taskbar setting that you could click and all new files opened on the top screen. I cannot seem
    to find such a button on this machine). If the apps are already open, you can access the files that are already open by hovering over the taskbar button for the app, but if the app is not already running, this does not work. Any suggestions?

Mark W. Williamson, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Version 1607 Build 14393.105 does that, click Start and the full Apps list is scrollable.
    Forgot to add this screenshot:

Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 30, 2020
  4. regor101 Win User

Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

Have Start screen open with “All Apps” list already opened?

Is there a way to configure Windows 10 to have the start screen open and have the “All Apps” list already open?

The way it is now, pressing the Windows key opens the start screen with the “All Apps” icon and the “Sleep/Shut down/Restart” icon showing. I have to click the “All Apps” icon to open the list.

regor101, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

1. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens - Similar Threads - Apps won't open

2. Microsoft Store and other apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and other apps won't open: Hi! I am unable to open the Windows Store app, Xbox app, Xbox Game Bar, or the Feedback Hub. Whenever I attempt to open these apps, they open momentarily and then close.I've attempted to do the wsreset.exe and when I do, I receive the error message...
  3. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  4. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  5. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Microsoft Dynamics windows opening behind all other windows.

Microsoft Dynamics windows opening behind all other windows.: Good morning, I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this issue? I found a lot of people pointed to a fix at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/axsupport/2014/06/21/forms-opening-up-with-focus-in-background/ but that link is no longer available. Any help would be greatly...
  7. Applications won't open from taskbar

Applications won't open from taskbar: There 2 problems that I'm facing after reinstalling windows 10. 1. some app can't be pinned to taskbar 2. some app can't be opened from taskbar, a message as below will show up when I click on the icon: [ATTACH]...
  8. Apps Won't Open at All

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Won't Open at All: The apps are available in the taskbar but will not open on the computer screen. The screen is stuck on the desktop screen and it's only showing the wallpaper, no apps on the desktop screen. I am able to open task view and view my files, but that's it and I can do the windows...
  9. Open new windows behind other windows

Open new windows behind other windows: Hey there, Is there anyway I can get newly opened windows or applications to always open behind existing windows? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-new-windows-behind-other-windows/755d32cb-dd40-4c45-a03e-19892ec8511b
  10. Taskbar hidden behind open windows

Taskbar hidden behind open windows: My task-bar had been hiding behind all my open windows for a few days now, it was getting really annoying and I couldn't find an answer that solved my problem. Then out of nowhere I thought to hit F11 and see if maybe full-screen mode was on. Indeed that was the case at...