Windows 10: Apps won't open.

Discus and support Apps won't open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I restarted my computer yesterday, and when it came back, everything on my desktop had gone, and my background had reset. I fixed that, but now... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tempfile2, Sep 29, 2020.

1. tempfile2 Win User

Apps won't open.

Hello,

I restarted my computer yesterday, and when it came back, everything on my desktop had gone, and my background had reset. I fixed that, but now an error pops up when I try to open a picture, and there is a white line under the apps that don't work.

Apps won't open. 48847ada-911a-406f-bb8f-a66c74772dd7?upload=true.png

What is that white line? What does it mean?

Apps won't open. 5775aa5e-3d00-45ce-b421-ba93576a6082?upload=true.png

What does this mean? Why does it do this when I try to open a photo?

Also, one more thing. When I pin something to the taskbar, it will disappear unpin when I open it.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

:)

tempfile2, Sep 29, 2020

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps won't open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 29, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Apps won't open.

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Apps won't open.

1. Apps won't open. - Similar Threads - Apps won't open

2. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't open: Alright.at first everything was running smoothly I got to download spotify and use all apps.however at one point I could no longer open MS.i would click on the icon and it would show the little loading thing but the actual app would not load up.Then I coulnt open up my serch...
  3. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps won't open: Alright.at first everything was running smoothly I got to download spotify and use all apps.however at one point I could no longer open MS.i would click on the icon and it would show the little loading thing but the actual app would not load up.Then I coulnt open up my serch...
  4. PC's Apps Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's Apps Won't Open: Almost all the apps of this laptop including the Microsoft Store, Videos, Mail , Photos, and Get Help won't work at all. I made a repair on the PC removing all apps and now this happens....
  5. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  6. Apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps won't open: My Microsoft Store and Camera apps won't open. When I click them, the window flashes open for a split second then shuts down.Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. Windows is all up to date. Ran AVG deep scan earlier today, and restarted after. Still doesn't work....
  7. Apps won't open

Apps won't open: Brand new HP pavilion computer. When I open preinstalled apps; I get window with update available. When I click on update, It says already installed. If I click launch; I go back to the window with update available. Round and round I go. I can't find a fix for this. Any...
  8. apps won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps won't open: idk why my apps won't open, i tried clean boot, i followed the steps and it turns out that the issue is not caused by application or service interference but still the winsock error/ application error still popping out. What should I do? ps: the apps that are not opening:...
  9. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open: Hi! So, I recently updated to windows 10. It's going nice and smoothly for a few months until my sister borrowed it. I don't know if she did anything to it, but she told me that it kept restaring after that. So, she decided to perform system restore hoping that it would fix...
  10. mail app won't open

mail app won't open: My mail won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/mail-app-wont-open/3b0339c6-64af-4e8b-a721-60186a20a44e