Windows 10: Apps won’t open

Discus and support Apps won’t open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This started happening yesterday, when i tried opening google it asked for which account as per usual and opening in task bar but it wouldn’t show on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Salma Khan1, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Apps won’t open

This started happening yesterday, when i tried opening google it asked for which account as per usual and opening in task bar but it wouldn’t show on my screen. When i was click on the task bar to open it, it wouldn’t and i could hover over the task bar see google working but i couldn’t use it. But this isn’t the first time it’s happened as it’s also happened to minecraft a few months ago and i haven’t fixed it/figured out how to so i just used lunar.

:)

Salma Khan1, Jun 9, 2022

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps won’t open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 9, 2022
  4. tops Win User

Apps won’t open

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Apps won’t open

1. Apps won’t open - Similar Threads - Apps won’t open

2. My app are open but won’t display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My app are open but won’t display: My appare shown as open in my taskbar but they won’t display onto my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-are-open-but-wont-display/1c0ebb07-73a2-426d-bdbb-a7e740f16f5a
  3. My app are open but won’t display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app are open but won’t display: My appare shown as open in my taskbar but they won’t display onto my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-are-open-but-wont-display/1c0ebb07-73a2-426d-bdbb-a7e740f16f5a
  4. Windows 11 Apps won’t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Apps won’t open: Hey everyone,I just bought a brand new gaming computer and I’m having issue with Windows 11 already. It came with the system, I wouldn’t usually use this garbage. Per the par, windows is already having major issues. I cannot open apps. When I first received the computer it...
  5. Apps won’t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won’t open: This started happening yesterday, when i tried opening google it asked for which account as per usual and opening in task bar but it wouldn’t show on my screen. When i was click on the task bar to open it, it wouldn’t and i could hover over the task bar see google working but...
  6. Windows apps won’t open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps won’t open.: Randomly none of my preinstalled windows apps or ones downloaded from the windows store are working. Everything was working fine yesterday, and i have not changed anything on the computer between yesterday and today. Restarting my computer doesn’t work and none of the built...
  7. Windows App Store won’t open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows App Store won’t open.: Every time I try to open the window app store, it opens and closes really quick. I tried the cache clear and the wsreset.exe and that didnt work either. Any suggestions?...
  8. My app won’t open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My app won’t open: I did an open upon installation and after it opened I made a project and exported it to my desktop. After I clicked out of app it wouldn’t let me reopen it. Once I click on it, it appears as if it’s going to start, but then shuts down. How do I fix this? submitted by...
  9. Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened: Hi, I’ve been encountering an issue for the past weeks with all the Office apps installed on my computer Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. When I try to open the apps from the taskbar, a notification says "Windows cannot find...
  10. Apps won’t open/crash on launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won’t open/crash on launch: I downloaded version 1809 update 2 days ago. I downlaod Halo Wars 2 from the microsoft store. Now when i try to open it crahses after 2 secs. The same thing is happening with MSI Kombuster. That app wont even launch. I have tried reinstalling and nothing is happening. One...