Windows 10: Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

Discus and support Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwardAllen, Dec 19, 2022.

1. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as administrator" whereas until then they and everything else would run just fine with a single left click. The 2 apps in this cae are Lightroom and Sage Line 50 accounts: there may be others but I just haven't found any more yet!It's just a guess but was there anything in recent Windows Updates that might have "reset" someth

:)

EdwardAllen, Dec 19, 2022

2. Can't run anything as adminstrator

When I try to run any program as an adminstrator an this error pops up:
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator" [​IMG]
    it says This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

cantthinkofname, Dec 19, 2022
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 19, 2022
  4. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 19, 2022
Thema:

Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

1. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator" - Similar Threads - Apps won't run

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  5. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  6. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  7. Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin "

Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin ": Hello everybody -- first of all I am sorry if my English is not very well... but I have problem with running apps. I can't run Taskmanager, msconfig, regedit using run while clicking on them, but if I use " run as admin " they will run without any problem. Also I have this...
  8. Right-Click Run With Parameters

Right-Click Run With Parameters: Hello. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple 64-bit compatible Windows program that, when you right-click an exe, bat, msi etc. file, that pops up a menu allowing you to run the file with parameters or arguments? NirExt does this task but the program has not been...
  9. Run as Adminstrator Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run as Adminstrator Not Working: Hello, my RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR function is no longer working. When I click on it--to say download or run something that needs admin privileges, all that happens is my computer freezes on my desktop background picture. I am hoping someone can help me. Thank-you....
  10. Can't run anything as adminstrator

Can't run anything as adminstrator: When I try to run any program as an adminstrator an this error pops up: [img] it says This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher. 93554