Windows 10: Apps won't start after windows update

Discus and support Apps won't start after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone , last week i had this issue after a normal windows update where i couldn't open any apps , even the ones from windows if my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by joaoabmelo, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Apps won't start after windows update

Hello everyone , last week i had this issue after a normal windows update where i couldn't open any apps , even the ones from windows if my computer had internet access when initiated ethernet and wi-fi had the same effect, but if i had no ethernet cable and my wi-fi adapter was unplugged when i booted up the pc , all apps would run normally.I tried finding a solution but i eventually gave up and just did a fresh install of windows. I installed all my updates and every single app i needed , all was working fine , until today's update where the same exact thing happenned. I was wondering what the reason for this might be and the way to fix it ,because i don't want to go through the hassle of losing all my files and time to reinstall windows just for it to happen a week from now again. Thank you in advance.

Ps: Running windows 10 pro on a i3 7100 ,GTX 1050 and 8 GB of ram

:)

joaoabmelo, Apr 16, 2020

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Apr 16, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Apps won't start after windows update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Apps won't start after windows update

1. Apps won't start after windows update - Similar Threads - Apps won't start

2. Windows 11 won't start after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't start after update: I have Windows 11 on my Samsung Notebook Samsung Galaxy Book Go 35,49cm 13,97 4GB Kaufland.de , and today, when i started it, it started updatingwhich i didn't want. after the update had finished, it would start booting, but only showed the black screen, the logo and the...
  3. Windows 11 won't start after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't start after update: I have Windows 11 on my Samsung Notebook Samsung Galaxy Book Go 35,49cm 13,97 4GB Kaufland.de , and today, when i started it, it started updatingwhich i didn't want. after the update had finished, it would start booting, but only showed the black screen, the logo and the...
  4. Apps won't work after the update

Apps won't work after the update: After the update, some of my apps with Microsoft won't work. I tried to open outlook and one note and both won't work. I tried troubleshooting it. Tried to wsreset.exe and to this error message ms-windows- storePurgeCaches and the app won't start. What to do?...
  5. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  6. Windows won't start after an update

Windows won't start after an update: Hello,After the latest update, my computer became unusable.This screen image below suddenly appears, sorry for the French language that I cannot change, but basically I can choose between:"Reboot tool" --> fails to solve anything "Terminal" --> does not help much"Uninstall...
  7. Windows won't start after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Settings app won't start after the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app won't start after the update: When i try to open the settings app after an update it flashes then closes again, anyone got a fix? submitted by /u/NO-ONE-11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibtbx2/settings_app_wont_start_after_the_update/
  9. PC won't start after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't start after update: Hi My PC did an automatic update yesterday and now I can't get it to start. I keep getting the message "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC" Log file C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\SrtSrtTrail.txt I have tried a few of the advanced options - Startup repair, Uninstall...
  10. Laptop won't start after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't start after update: My HP Spectre 13 laptop won't complete a startup. It has the update of Windows 10 pro (from 8.1), a solid state drive (SSD), and classic shell. The computer started earlier today and I got a message that I could restart it to effect updates -- so I did. That restart seemed...