Windows 10: Appx Deployment Server

Discus and support Appx Deployment Server in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hellow, I am looking into what Appx Deployment server is capable of after it gave me an error recently. Kindly inform me what is its function and why... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HafsaNoor, Mar 30, 2020.

1. HafsaNoor Win User

Appx Deployment Server

Hellow,

I am looking into what Appx Deployment server is capable of after it gave me an error recently. Kindly inform me what is its function and why is it necessary to have it in your PC. I will be grateful if you can reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

With Regards,

Hafsa

:)

HafsaNoor, Mar 30, 2020

2. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Mar 30, 2020
  3. AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

I have not concentrated on this issue before. But I noticed that on my dads Windows 8.1 machine AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) will not startup during Windows boot, yet under Windows 10 this will always start even when set to Manual.

I have Windows 10 1903 64-bit Pro. I have uninstalled and turned off live tiles as well as turning off background apps for all of the store apps. I also disabled the Store app and also tried enabling it as well. The Store app is not running in the background.

However, I have noticed AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) start up always when the PC starts up. For the benefit of the doubt I have even updated all the Windows store apps successfully without issues.

Appx Deployment Server [​IMG]

So as you can see there is no data usage for my store apps.

The question is why and is it normal? Also when I go to File Explorer and then click on the Video, Pictures, etc folder then this service will start up! If this AppXSVC is associated with the Store app then why does this start when I click on videos folder for example when I already have VLC as the default player? If the videos and pictures have nothing to do with any of the store apps then I don't understand why AppXSVC triggers to run.

I just updated Windows 10 a couple of hours ago to the latest Windows 10 1903(OS build 18362.720) from Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.329) that I had 7 months ago. This made no difference whatsoever.

Can someone reassure me if this behaviour is normal? Is it meant to really start-up?

BLaZiNgSPEED, Mar 30, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Appx Deployment Server

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Appx Deployment Server

1. Appx Deployment Server - Similar Threads - Appx Deployment Server

2. Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share: Windows10MDTMDTUpdate Deployment Share=== Making sure the deployment share has the latest x86 tools ====== Processing LiteTouchPE x86 boot image ===Building requested boot image profile.System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Unable to open the specified WIM...
  3. Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2022MDTUpdate Deployment Share: Windows10MDTMDTUpdate Deployment Share=== Making sure the deployment share has the latest x86 tools ====== Processing LiteTouchPE x86 boot image ===Building requested boot image profile.System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Unable to open the specified WIM...
  4. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  5. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  6. AppX Deployment Service AppXSVC High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppX Deployment Service AppXSVC High CPU Usage: Hi,I've been having issues lately where a windows service under the name of Wsappx and AppX Deployment Service have been using a high percentage of my CPU for no understandable reason. It is consistently like this from start up of the PC to shutdown. I have tried multiple...
  7. Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking For Help With Windows Deployment Server: I built a new WDS server and loaded boot images from the Windows 10 iso. When I try to boot to UEFI PXE I receive a PXE-E16 error code. I can see from the logs that the request is making it to the server. Has anyone dealt with this issue before? submitted by /u/mgman11...
  8. AppX Deployment Service CPU and Disk Reads constantly, Store apps will not run

AppX Deployment Service CPU and Disk Reads constantly, Store apps will not run: Only recently finally upgraded to win10 from 7. Everything was fine for a while until my processor began overheating while the hard drive was also constantly being accessed after apps from the Microsoft Store stopped running. AppX Deployment Service seems to be the culprit...
  9. AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?: I have not concentrated on this issue before. But I noticed that on my dads Windows 8.1 machine AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) will not startup during Windows boot, yet under Windows 10 this will always start even when set to Manual. I have Windows 10 1903 64-bit Pro. I...
  10. WSAPPX, appx deployment services --- using too much of cpu ? tried msedit.msc but is not...

WSAPPX, appx deployment services --- using too much of cpu ? tried msedit.msc but is not...: How can I disable windows store without having MSEDIT.MSC ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsappx-appx-deployment-services-using-too-much-of/cf1761f6-7008-431c-a477-633fddc361da