Windows 10: AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

Discus and support AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have not concentrated on this issue before. But I noticed that on my dads Windows 8.1 machine AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) will not startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Mar 19, 2020.

1. AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

I have not concentrated on this issue before. But I noticed that on my dads Windows 8.1 machine AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) will not startup during Windows boot, yet under Windows 10 this will always start even when set to Manual.

I have Windows 10 1903 64-bit Pro. I have uninstalled and turned off live tiles as well as turning off background apps for all of the store apps. I also disabled the Store app and also tried enabling it as well. The Store app is not running in the background.

However, I have noticed AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) start up always when the PC starts up. For the benefit of the doubt I have even updated all the Windows store apps successfully without issues.

AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal? [​IMG]

So as you can see there is no data usage for my store apps.

The question is why and is it normal? Also when I go to File Explorer and then click on the Video, Pictures, etc folder then this service will start up! If this AppXSVC is associated with the Store app then why does this start when I click on videos folder for example when I already have VLC as the default player? If the videos and pictures have nothing to do with any of the store apps then I don't understand why AppXSVC triggers to run.

I just updated Windows 10 a couple of hours ago to the latest Windows 10 1903(OS build 18362.720) from Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.329) that I had 7 months ago. This made no difference whatsoever.

Can someone reassure me if this behaviour is normal? Is it meant to really start-up?

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Mar 19, 2020

2. appx*****.tmp files won't delete in Windows\temp (Windows 10)

Hi, Albert

Thank you for posting your response in Community.

If you wish to diabale AppX Deployment Service follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type/paste the command below

sc stop "AppXSvc"

sc config "AppXSvc" start= disabled

To delete type/paste the line below;

sc delete "AppXSvc"

Close Command Prompt, restart the system and check if the issue exist

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 19, 2020
  3. appx*****.tmp files won't delete in Windows\temp (Windows 10)

Hello Albert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Did you made any changes to your PC?

Did you see what application or program running on desktop when this happens?

I suspect the file your referring might be related to the Store apps, which could access it for temporary memory location. Moreover
    AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC), gives infrastructure support for deploying Store applications. Service will be up and running on demand and making any changes or if disabled, Store applications will not be deployed
    to the system, and may not function properly. The AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs as LocalSystem in a shared process of svchost.exe.

Could you please elaborate the full name of the file that you're referring to, which helps us to analyze the issue.
    Meanwhile if you're concerned about free up drive space
    or clearing the temporary files, try the below steps.

• To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.
    I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 19, 2020
  4. AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

"Unable to Connect to a Windows Service"

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To serve you better, please provide us with the following details.

• Does this error message occurs only when using Internet?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    This issue might occur due to corrupt or missing system files. Also if the service that is used while installing apps for users on the computer is not running, you could receive such error message.

Follow the methods and check if it resolves the issue:

Method 1:

Check if the AppX Deployment service is started and running in Automatic mode. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows+R key and type “services.msc”. Hit Enter.

b) Locate AppX Deployment service (APPXSVC). Right Click on it and select Properties.

c) Click on Start under service status and select Automatic under startup.

d) Go to Dependency tab and check for the dependent services. You need to expand Remote Procedure call service. You would find couple of services: DCOM Server Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Manager.

e) Close the window and look for these services. Right click on DCOM Server Process Launcher and click on Properties. Set the service to automatic and start the service. Similarly, start the service for RPC Endpoint Manager in Automatic mode. Close
    the services window. Restart the computer.

Check if you still receive the error message. If yes, proceed to the next suggestion.

Method 2:

Follow the steps from section "Windows 8.1 or Windows 8" to run SFC scan to scan and fix corrupt system files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Method 3:

I would suggest you to install the latest network driver from the computer manufacturer’s website.

Check if the issue still persists.

Please let us know about the status of this issue.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

1. AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal? - Similar Threads - AppX Deployment Service

2. AppXSVC is disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppXSVC is disable?: Eng:Hi, my name is Samuel and I've been having problems with my computer for a few days.what happens is that my microsft store, xboxAPP and applications from these stores are not working. I tried doing everything, resetting the Microsoft Store, changing the Windows settings,...
  3. Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...: pretty much the title; as soon as Windows 10 boots up, I go straight to Services and can sometimes see Network Setup Service running. before you copy and paste the description, yes I know what NetSetupSvc does, although I find the description of "network configuration and...
  4. Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...: pretty much the title; as soon as Windows 10 boots up, I go straight to Services and can sometimes see Network Setup Service running. before you copy and paste the description, yes I know what NetSetupSvc does, although I find the description of "network configuration and...
  5. Is It Normal for 'Network Setup Service' to be Running on Startup Sometimes? No Driver...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. AppX Deployment Service AppXSVC High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppX Deployment Service AppXSVC High CPU Usage: Hi,I've been having issues lately where a windows service under the name of Wsappx and AppX Deployment Service have been using a high percentage of my CPU for no understandable reason. It is consistently like this from start up of the PC to shutdown. I have tried multiple...
  7. AppX Deployment Service CPU and Disk Reads constantly, Store apps will not run

AppX Deployment Service CPU and Disk Reads constantly, Store apps will not run: Only recently finally upgraded to win10 from 7. Everything was fine for a while until my processor began overheating while the hard drive was also constantly being accessed after apps from the Microsoft Store stopped running. AppX Deployment Service seems to be the culprit...
  8. Appx Deployment Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Appx Deployment Server: Hellow, I am looking into what Appx Deployment server is capable of after it gave me an error recently. Kindly inform me what is its function and why is it necessary to have it in your PC. I will be grateful if you can reply as soon as possible. Thank you. With Regards,...
  9. WSAPPX, appx deployment services --- using too much of cpu ? tried msedit.msc but is not...

WSAPPX, appx deployment services --- using too much of cpu ? tried msedit.msc but is not...: How can I disable windows store without having MSEDIT.MSC ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsappx-appx-deployment-services-using-too-much-of/cf1761f6-7008-431c-a477-633fddc361da
  10. I want wsappx AppX Deployment Service(AppXSVC) OFF MY COMPUTER PERMANENTLY!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I want wsappx AppX Deployment Service(AppXSVC) OFF MY COMPUTER PERMANENTLY!: Like the title says, I want it GONE. I already deleted everything I could doing with your stupid Windows Store. I am SICK AND TIRED OF THIS STUPID SERVICE EATING UP MY PROCESSOR! I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING DEALING WITH YOUR STUPID STORE, PERIOD! I will not, or EVER WILL buy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete appx deployment service