Windows 10: AppX filling up temp file!

Discus and support AppX filling up temp file! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveDG, Oct 31, 2019.

1. DaveDG Win User

AppX filling up temp file!

What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you.

:)

DaveDG, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Terrypin Win User

TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each of them.

AppXDeploymentServer_B1874DF3-7BCE-0006-9D58-88B1CE7BD401
    AppxErrorReport_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.txt
    AppXPackaging_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.evtx

Possibly connected with last night's WU to 1803 (OS Build 17134.407).

I deleted all of the files and they stopped.

But as I feared, after a reboot this morning they are being downloaded again at a rate of every second or so.

In Services I found AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC):
    "Provides infrastructure support for deploying Store applications. This
    service is started on demand and if disabled Store applications will not
    be deployed to the system, and may not function properly."

It is enabled and set to Manual. But it cannot be stopped or disabled, at least without deleting some of its upstream dependencies, which I'm not going to attempt:
    Screenshot

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the issue without major side effects please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 31, 2019
  3. TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each of them.

AppXDeploymentServer_B1874DF3-7BCE-0006-9D58-88B1CE7BD401

AppxErrorReport_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.txt

AppXPackaging_B1874DF3-7BCE-0007-FF72-88B1CE7BD401.evtx

Possibly connected with previous night's WU to 1803 (OS Build 17134.407).

I deleted all of the files and they stopped.

But as I feared, after a reboot this morning they are being downloaded again at a rate of every second or so.

In Services I found AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC):

"Provides infrastructure support for deploying Store applications. This service is started on demand and if disabled Store applications will not

be deployed to the system, and may not function properly."

It is enabled and set to Manual. But it cannot be stopped or disabled, at least without deleting some of its upstream dependencies, which I'm not going to attempt:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3argca7843sxfdt/Appx-1.jpg?raw=1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the issue without major side effects please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

terrypinVG, Oct 31, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

1. AppX filling up temp file! - Similar Threads - AppX filling temp

2. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  3. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  4. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  5. Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files: This has been ongoing for a while now but I'm finally irritated enough by it to post. Every few weeks, our temp files folder gets filled up wit a bunch of .evtx files. I delete them all 118k of them and they come back as fast as I can delete them. It goes on for a few days...
  6. Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Temp folder filling up with thousands of files: I have been having issues with the Disk going to 100% and basically making my Windows 10 system (Version 1903 OS Build 18362.720) unusable. I tried many many potential solutions to no avail. Search the internet many times. I notice when I ran antivirus scan, the disk usage...
  7. Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Temp folder filling up with same sized files: seems like 1 file per second.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-temp-folder-filling-up-with-same-sized/fd697516-5a7c-4d06-9041-2ae5bb0207f5
  8. Appx file in temp folder .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Appx file in temp folder .: What does it do in temp folder Appxxx.tmp file, What is its work ??? Does have any privacy issue ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appx-file-in-temp-folder/6447268e-bf59-41ff-96dd-d7ff29d71767"
  9. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...
  10. TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TEMP folder filling up with AppX files and canot be stopped: Yesterday I found my C: drive had suddenly filled up due to 80 GB appearing in C:\Window\TEMP. There were three types of files and about 13,000 of each of them. AppXDeploymentServer_B1874DF3-7BCE-0006-9D58-88B1CE7BD401...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appx deployment server temp files

2. appxpackaging windows temp

3. appx packaging service temporary files

4. appxdeployment-server,
  5. windows spamming temp files,
  6. appxdeployment-server log files crashing filling up drive,
  7. appx deployment server in temp folder,
  8. appx deployment server event log filling hard drive,
  9. windows temp folder filled with appx,
  10. Windows-AppxPackaging log errors filling hd,
  11. windows teamp appx,