Windows 10: APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade

Discus and support APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have removed all but roughly 10 APPX packages from the WIM we use during SCCM deployment. The packages are disabled, they are not in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by micsla, Jan 30, 2020.

1. micsla Win User

APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade

Hello,

I have removed all but roughly 10 APPX packages from the WIM we use during SCCM deployment. The packages are disabled, they are not in the Start menu, and all is working fine in 1809. Here is the 'before' result of Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage:

Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online select displayname

DisplayName

-----------

Microsoft.GetHelp

Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension

Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes

Microsoft.MSPaint

Microsoft.VP9VideoExtensions

Microsoft.WebMediaExtensions

Microsoft.WebpImageExtension

Microsoft.Windows.Photos

Microsoft.WindowsAlarms

Microsoft.WindowsCalculator

After upgrading to 1909, again using SCCM, APPX packages are being restored. I know before 1709 there was a problem that required the addition of the disabled packages to a registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned], but that after 1803 that was not necessary. I have been adding it to the registry in the image anyway, just to be sure. However, that doesn't seem to help in this case, because all of the 1909 upgraded computers have the APPX packages back. Here is the 'after' result of Get-ProvisoinedAppxPackage on the same computer, after 1909 installed:

Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online select displayname

DisplayName

-----------

Microsoft.BingWeather

Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller

Microsoft.GetHelp

Microsoft.Getstarted

Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension

Microsoft.Messaging

Microsoft.Microsoft3DViewer

Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub

Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection

Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes

Microsoft.MixedReality.Portal

Microsoft.MSPaint

Microsoft.Office.OneNote

Microsoft.OneConnect

Microsoft.People

Microsoft.Print3D

Microsoft.ScreenSketch

Microsoft.SkypeApp

Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp

Microsoft.VP9VideoExtensions

Microsoft.Wallet

Microsoft.WebMediaExtensions

Microsoft.WebpImageExtension

Microsoft.Windows.Photos

Microsoft.WindowsAlarms

Microsoft.WindowsCalculator

Microsoft.WindowsCamera

microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps

Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub

Microsoft.WindowsMaps

Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder

Microsoft.WindowsStore

Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI

Microsoft.XboxApp

Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay

Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay

Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider

Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay

Microsoft.YourPhone

Microsoft.ZuneMusic

Microsoft.ZuneVideo

Can you please tell me what the precise method is to keep APPX packages that were removed from the WIM from being restored during the 1909 upgrade?

Thank you

:)

micsla, Jan 30, 2020

2. How to integrate an APPX package to Windows 10?

There's no information about appx packages integration.

BaRRaKudaRain, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI

Hi,

Thank for the response. I followed your instruction. I got the same result. The drive was not boot able. I did this procedure for the upgrades from 1803 to 1809 and 1809 to 1903 without having any problem. The fact was maybe because Microsoft released
    for each one of the upgrades a new ADK package. For the upgrade 1909 it was said to use the one came for the upgrade 1903. I don't know whether you applied your instruction to the upgrade of 1909. If not, please try to apply your instruction to the latest
    upgrade. Below I am attaching the procedure I applied for the older upgrade without having any Problem.

Creating partitions on a blank Hard drive:

select disk 0

clean

convert GPT

create partition efi size=260

format quick fs=fat32 label="System"

assign letter="S"

create partition primary size=500

format quick fs=ntfs label="Recovery"

assign letter="R"

set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"

gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001

create partition msr size=160

create partition primary

format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"

assign letter="W"

exit

Capturing the Wim file:

powercfg /s 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

dism /capture-image /ImageFileAPPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade :D:\Custom.wim /CaptureDIR:E:\ /Name:Fabrikum

Applying the wim file:

call powercfg /s 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

dism /Apply-Image /ImageFileAPPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade :D:\Custom.wim /Index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\

W:\Windows\System32\bcdboot W:\Windows /s S:

md R:\Recovery\WindowsRE

xcopy /h W:\Windows\System32\Recovery\Winre.wim R:\Recovery\WindowsRE\

W:\Windows\System32\Reagentc /Setreimage /Path R:\Recovery\WindowsRE /Target W:\Windows

W:\Windows\System32\Reagentc /Info /Target W:\Windows

Best regards

Bamdad_1963, Jan 30, 2020
  4. APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade

Applying the Wim file of Windows 10 1909 UEFI

Hi,

I forgot to ask you this question. Before making the wim file did you sysy prepped the fresh installed Windows 10 1909?

Best regards

Bamdad_1963, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade

1. APPX Packages disabled in 1809 WIM - returning after 1909 Upgrade - Similar Threads - APPX Packages disabled

2. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  3. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ubuntu Appx package installation Error: Hi,I was trying to install Ubuntu-2204-220620_x64.Appx downloaded from MS store ,and facing error as shown in attached image. Please advise fix.Windows Version on my computer Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎03/‎12/‎2023 OS build 19045.2965 steps...
  4. Ubuntu Appx package installation Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable questions after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable questions after upgrade to 1909: How do I disable the questions that pop up when the user logs on the first time after upgrading 1809 to 1909? About Cortana, privacy, telemetry, voice recognition et.c.. I'm upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 to 1909 using SCCM Servicing. submitted by /u/P-H-G [link]...
  6. Can't upgrade 1809 to 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't upgrade 1809 to 1909: Hello! I've been trying the better part of a couple days to get my Windows 10 install up to the latest version. I'm trying to upgrade version 1809 build 17763.914 to the latest November update (1909). After the update not working, I tried to use my USB installer with the...
  7. can't uninstall appx-packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  8. can't uninstall appx-packages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can't uninstall appx-packages: I tried both commands: Get-AppxPackage -allusers PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage -user "username" PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage Command works, but packages won't remove. Found packages, after that which can be removed manually and they stayed...
  9. dual display lost after removing appx package

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    dual display lost after removing appx package: Good day, Recently I discovered online about removing appx package with PowerShell or something anyway I followed the instructions and it was successful I put all commands properly and the software is gone. Other thing is I turned off Windows Update for 30 days because it...
  10. dual display lost after removing appx package

in Windows 10 Support
    dual display lost after removing appx package: Good day, Recently I discovered online about removing appx package with PowerShell or something anyway I followed the instructions and it was successful I put all commands properly and the software is gone. Other thing is I turned off Windows Update for 30 days because it...