Windows 10: April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

Discus and support April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This new update changed the behavior of 3 fingers swiping gesture, let's suppose I have 3 opened programs, chrome(has focus) firefox and a folder, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by laazaz­, Apr 30, 2019.

1. laazaz­ Win User

April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

This new update changed the behavior of 3 fingers swiping gesture, let's suppose I have 3 opened programs, chrome(has focus) firefox and a folder, when I used to swipe with three fingers, it goes from chrome to firefox, and when I swipe again it goes BACK to chrome, but now when I swipe the second time it goes to the folder, it just keeps switching between ALL the opened programs instead of going to the last switched program.

Any idea how to fix this? thanks!

:)

laazaz­, Apr 30, 2019

2. How to change Windows 10 Gestures (3 finger swiping)

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Dell Inspiron Laptop to Windows 10.

I now have the Windows 10 three finger gestures on my touchpad that basically act as alt+tab (Swipe left/right:
    move between windows, Swipe up: task switch,
    Swipe down:
    minimize all windows and show the desktop)

I absolutely hate this!

In Windows 7, swiping up and down with 3 fingers allowed me to switch between tabs in my internet browser. And swiping left hit the "back button", and swiping right hit the "forward button" in the browser. I
    liked this! It was SUPER efficient and SUPER convenient. But, this has been overridden by the new Windows 10, 3 finger gestures.

Is there anyway to replace the new Windows 10 3 finger gestures with my old Windows 7 3 finger gestures?

I looked through all the settings and "additional mouse settings" and "touchpad settings" but I haven't found a way to change it.

Again, is there a way to change my Windows 10 3 finger gestures back to the way they were in Windows 7?

AlexLefkowitz, Apr 30, 2019
  3. How to change Windows 10 Gestures (3 finger swiping)

Hello, thank you for your reply, but it didn't help. Everything is still the same.

I'm not having at issue with the touchpad itself. Nor do I think the issue is with the drivers. Rather, the default settings of the touchpad were automatically changed when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Let me restate my problem:

The 3 finger gestures that are available in Windows 7 are different from the 3 finger gestures that are available in Windows 10. I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I want my original 3 finger gesture capabilities back.

April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem 0e51545f-4b80-421e-87ce-610dab78cc49.jpg

These are what the gesture options look like now, in Windows 10. See the highlighted portion? THAT is what's different. In Windows 7, the "Three Fingers Swip" had completely different functions. In other words, the "Three Fingers Swip" did something completely
    different in Windows 7. It allowed me to switch back and forth between open tabs in my web browser by swiping up and down with 3 fingers. Similar to what "ctrl+tab" or "ctrl+shift+tab" does now.

So, my question is, how do I get the Windows 7 "Three Fingers Swip" functionality that I described back, instead of having the Windows 10 "Three Fingers Swip" functionality that is show in the picture above? Maybe there are Windows 7 touchpad drivers I can
    download, or something? Tell me if this problem makes sense to you.

AlexLefkowitz, Apr 30, 2019
  4. April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

Windows 10 Creators update. 3-finger Swipe Gestures NOT working.!

I have an Alienware 17 r3 laptop, with Windows 10- Creators Update, and I am having some problems with the trackpad gestures. I know that a three finger scroll upwards should bring up the task view, and
    scrolling down should minimize all windows. However, when I swipe up, Cortana opens, and a downward swipe opens the settings menu. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

PS.I have tried the basic "going to touchpad menu and fixing the gestures. It's all good up there. The driver seems up to date.

I keep everything up to date. BUT
    I really love the swipe features. Please. help.

[May Rick Sanchez bless you]

GuySarthak, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

1. April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem - Similar Threads - April 2019 update

2. How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Three-finger Swipe Gesture is a great way to add a shortcut to your Touchpad. You can swipe using your three fingers to do a certain task. In this post, we will see how to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10 computers. Let us go to the guide. Change...
  3. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  4. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  5. Is there a way to set the 3 finger gestures in the registry?

Is there a way to set the 3 finger gestures in the registry?: I have a laptop with a touchpad and I use the 3 finger press as a middle click. But when I remote into my media server (without a touchpad) 3 finger press triggers the default action. And since that machine has no touchpad, I can't set it in the windows settings. I've...
  6. 3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working: 2-finger gestures still work fine. Only thing that's changed, is I unplugged my laptop from my external monitor and AC adapter, and replugged both back in. Changing gestures configuration doesn't trigger it to start working. Please have this fixed. Gestures, when...
  7. Three finger swipe

Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  8. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...
  9. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10: Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with...
  10. Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and 3 fingers swipe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and 3 fingers swipe: - I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a few minutes ago and I noticed that my Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is gone. I checked the "Programs and Features", the software is still there, and so is its folder in Program Files. But I cannot search for it in start menu nor the All Apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. swipe gestures forefix for windows 10