Windows 10: April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access

Discus and support April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer just updated and now I can't access the Controlled Folder Access. I get the error message "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MadEdu, Apr 18, 2019.

1. MadEdu Win User

April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access

My computer just updated and now I can't access the Controlled Folder Access. I get the error message "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."

I am a Windows 10 home user ... at home. I am my own IT Administrator. I didn't block access to myself and it was working fine until my computer rebooted after the last update this afternoon.

I've tried booting in safe mode. I've checked to make sure I still have administrator privileges, which I do.

Let me preface this by mentioning that I noticed I was blocked from accessing this feature because Controlled Folder Access is now blocking my Dropbox from saving to my hard drive, and it's blocking OpenOffice from accessing folders on my hard drive. I can't do any work because of these blocks. I know I had access before the update because I unblocked Avast Antivirus using this feature after I got the notification that the Ransomware protection blocked access.

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. Please help.

:)

MadEdu, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Apr 18, 2019
  3. trparky Win User
    Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Apr 18, 2019
  4. April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access

Jsssssssss, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access

1. April 2019 Windows 10 Update Damaged Controlled Folder Access - Similar Threads - April 2019 Update

2. Windows 10 updates failing since April of 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates failing since April of 2019: Pick your choice.. Nothing has updated since last April. The updates run incessantly every week for the past year. I have been screaming in the feedback section and nothing is said or done. I have tried some of the suggestions I have found on the web to reset the update...
  3. Windos 10 cumulative update April 2019

Windos 10 cumulative update April 2019: This cumulative update has been downloaded for 4 days and I have restarted my PC as it asks me to 4 times at least, yet it will not install. Any suggestions?...
  4. Windows Update April 2019

Windows Update April 2019: Hello, My laptop started updating, which stalled at a certain point. I don't know what the percentage was, because the screen turned black. When I rebooted, the screen turned black again after showing the Asus logo. After several times trying to reboot my device, I tried...
  5. Windows 10 Update April 2019

Windows 10 Update April 2019: I installed the update on my Dell Inspiron April 11th. When I turned on my laptop after installing the update, my laptop ran just fine for about twenty minutes. Then, it shut off and has been completely unresponsive since. I cannot get it to power on, nor does a light come on...
  6. Windows 10 Update April 2019, NO DESKTOP AT ALL

Windows 10 Update April 2019, NO DESKTOP AT ALL: hi, last night I updated windows before shutting down the PC, this morning when I turned it on, it "finalized" the update, booted the PC up. but there is NO DESKTOP at all. the only thing that popped up is a command screen that says "C:\WINDOWS\system32>". If I close it,...
  7. Windows 10 April update 2019 Release Date

Windows 10 April update 2019 Release Date: Hey how are you guys whats going on today What is the realease date of Windows 10 April update 2019 offically on Windows 10 download page. As I am a lover of Windows 10 feature updates if some knows the exact date so please reply me. Thanks so much....
  8. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/ 127317
  9. Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update

in Windows 10 News
    Access WSL files from Explorer in in April 2019 update: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10-will-finally-offer-easy-access-to-linux-files/ 127317
  10. April Update Public User and Controlled Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    April Update Public User and Controlled Folder Access: Since installing the April Update I'm having a problem with the Public User on my system. I have four users - an administrative user, a standard user, the default user, and the public user. I generally use the public user for information that I would like to access from...