Windows 10: Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update

Discus and support Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Microsoft Surface (1724 256GB 010833662*** on rear) and a Microsoft Arc Mouse (no visible markings other than Made In China). A few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by naskew, Aug 27, 2019.

1. naskew Win User

Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update

Hi,

I have a Microsoft Surface (1724 256GB 010833662*** on rear) and a Microsoft Arc Mouse (no visible markings other than Made In China). A few days ago I received notification that OS on the Surface would no longer be supported from November and that I should upgrade. Since then I have noticed several times that the mouse is not recognised when I wake the tablet up.

- I replaced the batteries with fresh ones but no improvement.

- The track pad on the keyboard is working fine.

- I have found that a reboot means the mouse is recognised again.

- Opening the the bluetooth section of settings shows the mouse as paired

- Opening the Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse application shows a picture of the mouse with the words "Connect your mouse to edit settings" and under thet picture the word "Retry". Clicking the Retry text does nothing.

:)

naskew, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Iverology Win User

Surface Arc Mouse (2017) Stopped Working

Hello Melchizedek,

My current build is Windows 10 Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.483).
    I tried all the troubleshooting you suggested below and although it indicates that my Surface Arc Mouse is “Connected” it still does not work.

Thanks,

Iver

Iverology, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Arc Bluetooth mouse not working properly with Surface 3

Experienced same issue, disconnecting Arc Mouse then reconnect worked fine, but not mouse interaction.

Below steps worked for me:

• Remove all Bluetooth connected devices, including Surface Type Cover and Surface Pen.
    • Disconnected the Surface Type Cover then reconnect. It will reinstall tand connect the device.
    • Then Add Bluetooth devices including Surface Pen and last but not least Arc Bluetooth Mouse.

Everything works fine again.

Wim van Wieren, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update

Surface Arc Mouse (2017) Stopped Working

Hello Iver,

For us to better assist you, confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.

Furthermore, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot performance issue with Surface Mouse and Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse. Also, try to download the
    Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse
    app from the Windows Store to help you configure the device easily.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update

1. Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update - Similar Threads - Arc mouse longer

2. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse no longer working after recent windows update: After the most recent update windows no longer detects my mouse. I cannot see my cursor.I know that my mouse and usb work fine as I used them on my laptop without issue. The USB ports on my pc are also functioning perfectly. I am sure that the update itself is the issue...
  3. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse no longer working after recent windows update: After the most recent update windows no longer detects my mouse. I cannot see my cursor.I know that my mouse and usb work fine as I used them on my laptop without issue. The USB ports on my pc are also functioning perfectly. I am sure that the update itself is the issue...
  4. Mouse no longer working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Arc mouse suddenly does not work on Surface

The Arc mouse suddenly does not work on Surface: My Arc mouse suddenly does not work on my surface pro. Changed battery and tried remove device and reconnet. The bluetooth device list shows the mouse and after I click on 'Connect', it says it's connected. However the mouse still does not work and it's not shown in the...
  6. Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update

Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update: The internal speakers are working and bluetooth headphones work, but wired headphones plugged into the audio jack stopped working about a week ago. The laptop doesn't recognize anything when they are plugged in or unplugged.I have run the audio troubleshooter, but this seems...
  7. Arc Surface Mouse

Arc Surface Mouse: How do I turn off the clicking noise every time I click the Arc Surface Mouse? It is coming from the mouse, not the PC speakers. I downloaded the mouse and keyboard app and it does not control this feature. I turned off all sounds on my PC, and that didn't work either....
  8. Arc Mouse no longer connecting

Arc Mouse no longer connecting: I have been using my Arc mouse on my Surface Pro 6 for over a year without problems but this morning it has stopped working. The blue light is on but its not registering any movement or clicks. Yesterday the battery had said 98% so i know that's not the issue. I checked the...
  9. Surface Arc Mouse Question

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surface Arc Mouse Question: I am moving over to windows and I like the concept of the surface arc mouse, but still have questions if anyone can help. I want a wireless keyboard as well but I don't want to have multiple usb dongles. Will the usb dongle that comes with this mouse pair other devices that...
  10. Arc Touch Mouse no longer working

Arc Touch Mouse no longer working: I have had this mouse since about 2014 and I have never had a single problem with it, but after this last update it no longer connects or even registers as Arc Touch in my system settings. I have tried everything they have said to reconnect it, but none of it works. Is there...