Windows 10: Arc Touch Mouse | Surface Edition can't Pair

Discus and support Arc Touch Mouse | Surface Edition can't Pair in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently tried to pair my mouse with a new laptop PC but it won't pair. The bluetooth pair light won't come on when I press and hold the button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BraveFanataic, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Arc Touch Mouse | Surface Edition can't Pair

I recently tried to pair my mouse with a new laptop PC but it won't pair. The bluetooth pair light won't come on when I press and hold the button. I've tried holding it down as long as 30 seconds with no response and no detection from multiple PCs. I also tried the obvious of changing the batteries. This is the second Arc Touch mouse I own that this has mysteriously started happening to. I've found similar issues in other forums, but no solutions so far. Any serious help would be recommended. Summary of things I've tried below

1. Replaced batteries

2. Held blue tooth pair button down a various amount of times ranging from 3-30 seconds.

3. Tried searching for the device from multiple PCs/laptops/tablets.

4. Contacted Microsoft Hardware support by phone but call always seemed to disconnect after they had me try OS/Software related things.

Do these Arc Touch Surface edition mice stick to the first device you pair them with forever? If not Is there some secret method I'm missing that clears the mouse and allows it to pair to a new device. I own multiple bluetooth devices (keyboards, headsets, game controllers) and never had this issue before. I also have an older Microsoft Wedge mouse which has been rock solid between multiple devices. This is frustrating as this is the second mouse this has inexplicably happened to.

:)

BraveFanataic, Sep 29, 2018
  2. bu48 Win User

Arc Mouse Surface Edition not going into Pair mode

Did you find a solution to this? This just started happening on my Arc Touch Bluetooth Surface Edition and no matter what I do, it won't go into discovery / pairing mode. Like you said, the LED won't light up no matter what.

Also could you link to the other guy who had this problem?

Edit: the same issue is here, also recent

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ing-mode/226fa643-dc97-4788-80e2-2a11cadb84af

3. dswartze Win User
    Unable to add Surface Arc Mouse on Surface Pro Windows 10

Ran the Hardware Troubleshooter. Says "Arc Touch Mouse SE has a driver problem". But then says Not Fixed.

So I went to the second method link. All that tells me is how to pair my mouse. No help there.

So I searched for "Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition driver download" and downloaded and re-installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. I assume that means a driver got installed.

But when I go back to System Settings, Devices, Bluetooth - I see my Arc Touch Mouse SE listed with a Driver Error message.

I removed the mouse and put the mouse into pair mode. It showed up on the list of bluetooth devices ready to be paired, I paired it and success - my Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition mouse is back!

Thanks for the help!

dswartze, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Arc Touch Mouse | Surface Edition can't Pair

Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition - How to Horizontal Scroll?

I suspect the mouse, but still not 100% sure...

So, all through the support call, I was referring to the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition... they even remoted onto my Surface Pro, checked the settings, etc... seeing it was listed as the Arc Touch Mouse...

And what do I get in the post? The Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition! (Which, I can confirm, 'does' work with horizontal scrolling as you'd expect - stroke finger from left/right on the pad)

So, personally, my problem is solved, in that they've now sent me the one that 'does' work with horizontal scrolling - however, I'm still none the wiser on the Arc Touch Mouse itself!

TheGarratt, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Arc Touch Mouse | Surface Edition can't Pair

1. Arc Touch Mouse | Surface Edition can't Pair - Similar Threads - Arc Touch Mouse

2. Issues with Microsoft Arc Touch Surface Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Microsoft Arc Touch Surface Mouse: Hey, I tried to connect my mouse to an android phone, something that I had done in the past with no issues, and today I tried it and kept seeing the mouse led turn red. I changed the batteries, but that didn't fix the issue. I went ahead and tried to see what was happening in...
  3. Issues with Microsoft Arc Touch Surface Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Microsoft Arc Touch Surface Mouse: Hey, I tried to connect my mouse to an android phone, something that I had done in the past with no issues, and today I tried it and kept seeing the mouse led turn red. I changed the batteries, but that didn't fix the issue. I went ahead and tried to see what was happening in...
  4. Arc Surface Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arc Surface Mouse: How do I turn off the clicking noise every time I click the Arc Surface Mouse? It is coming from the mouse, not the PC speakers. I downloaded the mouse and keyboard app and it does not control this feature. I turned off all sounds on my PC, and that didn't work either....
  5. Arc Mouse is paired but not working

Arc Mouse is paired but not working: Hello, I use my Arc Mouse on several pc's which I leave on sometimes. When I start up a pc my arc mouse pairs and works fine but when I leave the pc on, use the mouse with another pc and come back and want to use my mouse it pairs but doesn't work. I have to remove the...
  6. I can't pair my Microsoft arc mouse

I can't pair my Microsoft arc mouse: I have recently purchase Microsoft arc mouse and I have tried to pair it but was not able to pair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-pair-my-microsoft-arc-mouse/18f2f335-c11c-4a8a-a9fe-945e21895bc6
  7. Arc Touch Mouse

Arc Touch Mouse: Hello, I'd like to know what kind of encryption is used to secure the connexion of the Arc Touch Mouse? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arc-touch-mouse/46e666a7-cfb9-4062-b294-2176a6565f30
  8. Microsoft arc Touch Mouse Model 1428 not pairing after update

Microsoft arc Touch Mouse Model 1428 not pairing after update: Dear Sir, I am using Microsoft Arc touch mouse Model 1428 with wireless transmitter after my windows 10 update its not paring with my mouse steps 1) checked my mouse battery blinking with green refer attachment 2) checked keyboard Microsoft centre it is detecting...
  9. Surface arc mouse will not go into pairing mode.

Surface arc mouse will not go into pairing mode.: Hello, I've read about this issue and i have not found a solution. The mouse has new batteries and it simply will not go into pairing mode. It is not my computer it is the mouse. I've held the bluetooth button more than the 3 seconds that are required for it to go into paring...
  10. ARC MOUSE IS PAIRED BUT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!

ARC MOUSE IS PAIRED BUT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!: I have an arc mouse which before the recent updates was working just fine..After the recent update my mouse which is already paired is not working .I have tried everything..reinstalling the drivers or running the troubleshooter (which actually seems completely useless) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pair surface arc mouse wont pair

2. cant pair arc touch mouse to surface pro