Windows 10: arch linux installation failed in wsl.

Discus and support arch linux installation failed in wsl. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YeasinTahsin, Jun 6, 2022.

1. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this error.Using: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Arch\rootfs.tar.gzInstalling...ERR: An illegal state change was requested.HRESULT: 0x8000000dPress enter to exit...Please, someone help me.

:)

YeasinTahsin, Jun 6, 2022
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Running customised Linux distros on WSL e.g ArchLinux

Hi folks
    this is do-able quite easily now -- certainly as far as non GUI desktops are concerned -- I'm still playing around with seeing if a decent desktop GUI works too. Some GUI programs work OK -- needs more testing though.

Here is a post I did on the W11 Forum for installing ArchLinux in the WSL. The main trick is to create a tar image of your distro and import into the WSL.

Run Custom Linux Distro on WSL e.g arch Linux - CLI though | Windows 11 Forum.

have fun

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 6, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jun 6, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

arch linux installation failed in wsl.

Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) 0.58.1 released

Source: Release 0.58.1 . microsoft/WSL . GitHub

See also:

Brink, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

arch linux installation failed in wsl.

1. arch linux installation failed in wsl. - Similar Threads - arch linux installation

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL will not install any Linux Distro: I am using a Windows PC with the following specs:Edition: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 23H2OS build: 22631.2338Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 100.22674.1000.0 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHzInstalled RAM: 16.0 GBSystem type: 64-bit operating...
  4. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

arch linux installation failed in wsl.: I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this...
  5. arch linux installation failed in wsl.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    arch linux installation failed in wsl.: I was trying to install arch in wsl.I downloaded arch.zip from github.then i double pressed the arch.exe and it started to installing.But suddenly load-shedding happen and my pc turned off.after a few seconds when i again trying to install arch then it gives me this...
  6. Bluetooth not working after removing Arch Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working after removing Arch Linux: Hello, Today I decided to switch back to Windows from Arch Linux due to some things not working. Now that I installed everything, Bluetooth doesn't work. I tried the tips and couldn't make it work. A "Bluetooth Device" doesn't exist in Device Manager. Before switching to...
  7. Dual boot with Arch Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot with Arch Linux: I have windows 10 installed on a 1tb ssd booting in UEFI BIOS mode. I want to install arch linux on a seperate 120gb ssd. Ive previously installed arch a few times so i’m familar with its installation. However, i cannot seem to find any clear information on how to be able to...
  8. Graphical installer for Arch Linux - VM really fast on Windows hosts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Graphical installer for Arch Linux - VM really fast on Windows hosts: Hi folks for those who want to try Arch Linux as a VM (or even as a Host) but have always felt a bit intimidated by it - there's an easy graphical installer you can use . It will ensure also latest packages and kernel is installed (currently 5.9.8-arch1-1). The installer...
  9. Arch Linux to Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Arch Linux to Windows 10 issue: Hello, I tried Linux I don't like it. Id like to switch back to Windows 10. However, when trying to reinstall Windows it tells me i have a media driver missing. It won't tell me which one. I tried getting drivers from ASUS. That didn't work. I tried getting drivers from...
  10. WSL and Linux apps

WSL and Linux apps: Hey there Linux enthusiasts! I wonder what you think about this Windows Subsystem for Linux and which apps you installed. I installed openSUSE from Microsoft store (sounds weird right? *Biggrin) just to check the feature out. So far I can only play around with Linux commands...