Windows 10: Archive the backup

Discus and support Archive the backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wish to reinitialize my Back-Up, external USB 3, drive. For now, I don't want to lose any of the old backup sets, win 7. What would be the best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HomeFrontGuRu, May 2, 2021.

1. Archive the backup

I wish to reinitialize my Back-Up, external USB 3, drive. For now, I don't want to lose any of the old backup sets, win 7. What would be the best Procedure? Burning to optical, copying to another removable media, ??? ?

:)

HomeFrontGuRu, May 2, 2021

2. Archival backup methods

Dual or tri redundant backup is suggested, tape drives are still around, there are M Disks that @Sasqui knows about besides dvds and cds. I would also have vaccum bags or a pelican case that have dessicants to prevent moisture from getting in the media.

Pictures you do not want to lose I would make 2 hard copies, and then if its from 35mm film I'd have that film ptotected and a digital backup of the prints in a lossless format so no compression. Fireproof and flood/water proof safes are suggested too.
    Tapedrives are now using a SAS format, i presume there are SATA variants too.

eidairaman1, May 2, 2021
  3. Archiving Windows Backup

I have setup windows backup on my server. Now I want to archive the backup to storage server, to store for 3 months.

Do I have to archive everything including the xml files or can I only archive vhdx file.

Biligsaikhan, May 2, 2021
  4. WillyConq Win User

Archive the backup

No archive ability.

I tried all suggestions to no avail, then gave up and switched to Mailbird, which works brilliantly.

WillyConq, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Archive the backup

1. Archive the backup - Similar Threads - Archive backup

2. 0x80004005 error when unzipping password protected archive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80004005 error when unzipping password protected archive in windows 10: I am trying to open a password protected zip archive that I downloaded through a secure connection. I trust the source of this file, however, Windows 10 will not allow me to unzip this file....
  3. 0x80004005 error when unzipping password protected archive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80004005 error when unzipping password protected archive in windows 10: I am trying to open a password protected zip archive that I downloaded through a secure connection. I trust the source of this file, however, Windows 10 will not allow me to unzip this file....
  4. why won't video play from internet archive site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't video play from internet archive site: vodeo no longer available in ms edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-video-play-from-internet-archive-site/9edf29b9-b549-44c6-8a43-742bf53b168a
  5. why won't video play from internet archive site

why won't video play from internet archive site: vodeo no longer available in ms edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-video-play-from-internet-archive-site/9edf29b9-b549-44c6-8a43-742bf53b168a
  6. why won't video play from internet archive site

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Large Email Release- Archived and Deleted emails released in my Inbox as Unread

Large Email Release- Archived and Deleted emails released in my Inbox as Unread: All - I just had about 40 emails that I had previously archived or deleted in my invoice or at least read just re-appear in my inbox as unread.2 weeks ago there was an incident on the Microsoft when every emails coming to abc.com was going in quarantine. now again seems like...
  8. How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...: So, I moved a ton of folders from one drive to another to make a backup. And now I need to sort them by date of creation, but all of them have the same date, can't use any additional 'Date sort type' because they also have all the same date from when I copied them. Is there a...
  9. Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?: Hello, I just did a quick Google search on how I could archive files to a second drive and nothing conclusive came up. So, either I suck at Google-Fu or I'm not understanding this correctly. To elaborate, I'm trying to devise a way so that I can backup particular files to...
  10. Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min: Newer games are offering less and less saving options and when you hit a bug in the right place you can lose 20 hours of play time...... So I need to backup a folder every 5-10 minutes into separate rar/zip archives with a time stamp, are there any programs that offer...