Windows 10: Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

Discus and support Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a quick Google search on how I could archive files to a second drive and nothing conclusive came up. So, either I suck at Google-Fu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by That Random Guy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

Hello,

I just did a quick Google search on how I could archive files to a second drive and nothing conclusive came up.

So, either I suck at Google-Fu or I'm not understanding this correctly.

To elaborate, I'm trying to devise a way so that I can backup particular files to my second hard drive on my main machine and thereafter have those same preselected files be backed-up whenever I make a change to them.

Is this possible somehow?

P.S. - For inquires on my system, please view My Specs.

:)

That Random Guy, Nov 29, 2018

2. Archival backup methods

Dual or tri redundant backup is suggested, tape drives are still around, there are M Disks that @Sasqui knows about besides dvds and cds. I would also have vaccum bags or a pelican case that have dessicants to prevent moisture from getting in the media.

Pictures you do not want to lose I would make 2 hard copies, and then if its from 35mm film I'd have that film ptotected and a digital backup of the prints in a lossless format so no compression. Fireproof and flood/water proof safes are suggested too.
    Tapedrives are now using a SAS format, i presume there are SATA variants too.

eidairaman1, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 29, 2018
  4. mouse2404 Win User

Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

file backup on a 2nd pc

I have windows 10 on 2 PC's, 1 I am using to backup all my files using it as a sever, which though is connected to a power supply is not turned on. I setup backup using file history to use this 2nd PC's storage hard discs, and when it was time for the backup
    from PC1 to begin it started up the 2nd PC . (they are on a network) the backup failed due to the 2nd PC having to boot whilst the first PC was trying to do the backup.

1) how can I turn the 2nd PC on automatically (not Physically) before the backup takes place.

2) how can I turn the 2nd PC off automatically after the backup has finished.

The second PC is only used as backup for all my Photos's ect not as a general PC. and is used as a backup to my windows 2011 server, which I backup manually to PC2

mouse2404, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

1. Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)? - Similar Threads - Archiving Backup files

2. Local disk G

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local disk G: Ive seen the instruction with running the diskpart then run as administrator when i do that it doesnt stay open long enough for me to remove the G for the local disk. What can I do?...
  3. Difficulties with backup files on disk D

Difficulties with backup files on disk D: I want to create file history on external drive and use Windows 10 Backup to do it. I tried to back up files and folders from both disk D and disk C. However I was able to restore files only from disk C. Files and folders from D are not showing using Restore option...
  4. Zip Archive file

Zip Archive file: How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-archive-file/b8bf2df8-678c-4836-9416-e7a15d149299"
  5. Local Disk (F:)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Disk (F:): What is this it has a red bar? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-f/d814ec02-4fcc-4c5e-b32b-a4dc8e6db564
  6. Cannot get FileHistory to backup files on 2nd (non-system) disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get FileHistory to backup files on 2nd (non-system) disk: FileHistory works OK on files on my drive C: (a 500 GB SSD), but will not backup files on my 2nd drive (2 TB HD) -- on which I keep my data. Problem has existed in several versions of Win 10 & have latest version installed & all updates. External HD works fine & FileHistory...
  7. Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min: Newer games are offering less and less saving options and when you hit a bug in the right place you can lose 20 hours of play time...... So I need to backup a folder every 5-10 minutes into separate rar/zip archives with a time stamp, are there any programs that offer...
  8. local disk f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk f: [img] Hi everyone This has just appeared on my computer, and I cannot delete, can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this. Regards 60557
  9. Duplacate Local Disks

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplacate Local Disks: Ok. Did the whole clean install using Brinks tutorial. All went as well can be expected. The tutorial said to disconnect all other drives so nothing gets messed up. Did that and all went well. After the install I shut down computer and plugged in the other drive. Now I get...
  10. local disk z

in Windows 10 Support
    local disk z: When I restarted my laptop I saw local disk z came from somewhere now I want to get rid of that 71510