Windows 10: Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

Discus and support Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a quick Google search on how I could archive files to a second drive and nothing conclusive came up. So, either I suck at Google-Fu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by That Random Guy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

Hello,

I just did a quick Google search on how I could archive files to a second drive and nothing conclusive came up.

So, either I suck at Google-Fu or I'm not understanding this correctly.

To elaborate, I'm trying to devise a way so that I can backup particular files to my second hard drive on my main machine and thereafter have those same preselected files be backed-up whenever I make a change to them.

Is this possible somehow?

P.S. - For inquires on my system, please view My Specs.

:)

That Random Guy, Nov 29, 2018

2. Archival backup methods

Dual or tri redundant backup is suggested, tape drives are still around, there are M Disks that @Sasqui knows about besides dvds and cds. I would also have vaccum bags or a pelican case that have dessicants to prevent moisture from getting in the media.

Pictures you do not want to lose I would make 2 hard copies, and then if its from 35mm film I'd have that film ptotected and a digital backup of the prints in a lossless format so no compression. Fireproof and flood/water proof safes are suggested too.
    Tapedrives are now using a SAS format, i presume there are SATA variants too.

eidairaman1, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 29, 2018
  4. mouse2404 Win User

Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

file backup on a 2nd pc

I have windows 10 on 2 PC's, 1 I am using to backup all my files using it as a sever, which though is connected to a power supply is not turned on. I setup backup using file history to use this 2nd PC's storage hard discs, and when it was time for the backup
    from PC1 to begin it started up the 2nd PC . (they are on a network) the backup failed due to the 2nd PC having to boot whilst the first PC was trying to do the backup.

1) how can I turn the 2nd PC on automatically (not Physically) before the backup takes place.

2) how can I turn the 2nd PC off automatically after the backup has finished.

The second PC is only used as backup for all my Photos's ect not as a general PC. and is used as a backup to my windows 2011 server, which I backup manually to PC2

mouse2404, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)?

1. Archiving/Backup files to 2nd local disk (upon edit)? - Similar Threads - Archiving Backup files

2. "Archive - old disk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Archive - old disk": So i have recently gotten my pc fixed, also upgraded the ram and the memory when i plugged it in i saw that the guy reset the computer, also it was on windows 10 not windows 11 but when i looked thru the folders i saw the Archive - old disk folder , so i was wondering if i...
  3. "Archive - old disk"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Archive - old disk": So i have recently gotten my pc fixed, also upgraded the ram and the memory when i plugged it in i saw that the guy reset the computer, also it was on windows 10 not windows 11 but when i looked thru the folders i saw the Archive - old disk folder , so i was wondering if i...
  4. Archive the backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Archive the backup: I wish to reinitialize my Back-Up, external USB 3, drive. For now, I don't want to lose any of the old backup sets, win 7. What would be the best Procedure? Burning to optical, copying to another removable media, ??? ?...
  5. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  6. Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk: I am looking for best solution for scheduled, local, online disk image backup of windows system disk, since backup/recovery will be discontinued in windows10. So MS is proposing a 3. party solution instead. I have been using easeus for long time, but now I am having critical...
  7. Backup files to external disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup files to external disk: Please help me to find out how can I do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-files-to-external-disk/586ed305-b89e-43aa-b8ee-1992efd895ac
  8. Settings to Archive Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings to Archive Files: Hi, I have noticed that old files are missing from my C Drive. Where do I find the settings for archiving files from folders on the C Drive. I am using Windows 10 Home version 1909....
  9. File History Backup and Local OneDrive Files

File History Backup and Local OneDrive Files: I know there have been a number of posts about issues with File History Backup. File History is a nice feature in Windows 10. It serves as a file backup system as well as a convenient way to restore files to previous versions through the File Explorer. I hope Microsoft...
  10. Cannot get FileHistory to backup files on 2nd (non-system) disk

Cannot get FileHistory to backup files on 2nd (non-system) disk: FileHistory works OK on files on my drive C: (a 500 GB SSD), but will not backup files on my 2nd drive (2 TB HD) -- on which I keep my data. Problem has existed in several versions of Win 10 & have latest version installed & all updates. External HD works fine & FileHistory...