Windows 10: Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

Discus and support Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I use the Archive tool to manually create a PST file, I've noticed the e-mails are removed from the client and into the PST.Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by King Mustard, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

When I use the Archive tool to manually create a PST file, I've noticed the e-mails are removed from the client and into the PST.Is it possible to create the archive and keeping the e-mails intact within the client?

:)

King Mustard, Jan 11, 2018
  2. EdHans Win User

Activesync is deleting all mail messages from Outlook Inbox

Are you certain it is Exchange ActiveSync causing this? There isn't a setting to enable this kind of behavior, and my WP7.5 phone is on Exchange 2010 and doesn't do this. I am wondering if there is an Outlook plugin, some sort of spam filter, antivirus
    software, or even a rogue Outlook setting that is deleting rather than archiving messages. Check in Outlook under File|Options|Advanced|AutoArchive (Outlook 2010. 2007 will be under the Office icon). See if Autoarchive is set to autodelete.

EdHans, Jan 11, 2018
  3. WMDC only syncs last 6 months of calendar items despite being set to "all past appointment"

Are those past appointments still in the main calendar in OUTLOOK on your PC, rather than being archived to the archive calendar?

Laura

Laura Rooke, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

It sounds to me like a PST Folder is being created. The default working file for Outlook is username.pst or maybe .ost, might not be good to use the file extension as a Folder name. Have you tried Selecting desired messages then right-click and Copy then right-click in the new Folder and Paste. The basic use of Archiving can mean saving to a separate Folder which will move things. I've seen a number of folks create an Old Messages or Saved Folder for the same purpose.

Berton, Jan 11, 2018
Thema:

Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

1. Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - Archiving copying rather

2. Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy: Screenshot shows error when I try to select my main calendar; any suggestions valued.Ran quick on line repair; didn't fix : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2021-cant-display-calendar-only-archive/8b6d903a-c5ea-49ad-9e5d-f49e534079ce
  3. Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy: Screenshot shows error when I try to select my main calendar; any suggestions valued.Ran quick on line repair; didn't fix : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2021-cant-display-calendar-only-archive/8b6d903a-c5ea-49ad-9e5d-f49e534079ce
  4. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  5. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10: Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook! None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred. Am I missing...
  8. Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival.: Where I'm located it is now 9:11 a.m. I'm looking at a group of 17 messages that are tagged as arriving from 6:30 a.m. to 9:06 a.m. They were all delivered at once at 9:08. Clicking Send and Receive doesn't accomplish anything in between "batch" deliveries. I have set the...
  9. Can't reinstall valid copy of Outlook 2010 in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reinstall valid copy of Outlook 2010 in Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10. Everything was fine for about a month until I had a disk crash. After several days I got that fixed and did a clean install of Windows 10. Now I am trying to reinstall Outlook 2010 from the original DVD. Valid product key (setup validates it)....
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659