Windows 10: Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal?

Discus and support Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi so i just built my new pc and i put windows on my new SSD and i used an old hard drive from a pre built pc that i played on before (i formatted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/legiiom, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal?

Hi so i just built my new pc and i put windows on my new SSD and i used an old hard drive from a pre built pc that i played on before (i formatted it beforehand), so i was just wondering does my disk management look normal? From youtube videos shouldnt an extra drive just say “Healthy (Primary Partition)”

Sorry if i sound dumb i literally dont know anthing about drives i just learned the basics and how to build a pc lol.

Heres what my drives look like

https://imgur.com/a/EgkzlFv

*Edit- also if something is wrong can someone tell me how to fix it thank you.

submitted by /u/legiiom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/legiiom, Jul 16, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME after creating new EFI System Partition

I would probably have booted to a Windows install or recovery media to create the

EFI system partition by using Diskpart and the create par efi command with any modifiers necessary to make it fit in the correct location.

I know Linux can use a Microsoft EFI partition but I do know if Windows can use a Linux version.

Yes, the bcd listing which shows the boot manager and OS loader.

It may have been easier to use a third party partition manager to change the size of the EFI partition.

If you might need it, here are the details of an EFI partition from Diskpart.

Partition 2

Type : c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b

Hidden : Yes

Required: No

Attrib : 0X8000000000000000

Offset in Bytes: 524288000

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

* Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 99 MB Healthy System

Saltgrass, Jul 16, 2020
  4. graye Win User

Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal?

EFI System Partition

So, an EFI system partition is perfectly normal on a Windows 10 disk (I assumed you've done an internet search and discovered that this partition is for booting your system).

Are you trying to backup the contents of this partition?.... if so, what software are you using?

graye, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal?

1. Are 2 EFI System Partitions Normal? - Similar Threads - Are EFI System

2. Restoring efi SYSTEM partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring efi SYSTEM partition: Currently if I restore only one partition at a time with Acronis the efi SYSTEM partition is missing some data, side note restoring whole drive works however.But my question is:If I used bcdedit /export c:\bcd.bak first and latter on a blank formatted 260MB formatted fat32...
  3. Restoring efi SYSTEM partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring efi SYSTEM partition: Currently if I restore only one partition at a time with Acronis the efi SYSTEM partition is missing some data, side note restoring whole drive works however.But my question is:If I used bcdedit /export c:\bcd.bak first and latter on a blank formatted 260MB formatted fat32...
  4. System, EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    System, EFI System Partition: Two questions please -1] I had installed UBUNTU on my desktop PC, operating with Windows 10 PRO version 21H1; OS Build 19043.1202, and later removed the UBUNTU software. UBUNTU was installed on a separate SSD i.e., not on the SSD where the Windows OS is installed.The UBUNTU...
  5. EFI System Partition in error

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI System Partition in error: I am running 21376.1 Looking around in Manage Disks and Volumes I found the EFI partition says full repair needed. Is this a problem? System runs fine and boots ok. If it should be fixed how do I fix it. ieEFI Partition.pdf 178947
  6. About Healthy EFI partition system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Healthy EFI partition system: Hello I want know about healthy EFI partition system its important or not for windows 10, what is uses ?because i want remove this partition.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-healthy-efi-partition-system/241774e2-2b0a-4fe7-b8f9-5b0fa8991b69
  7. Mounting EFI system partition on USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mounting EFI system partition on USB?: I am trying to mount the EFI system partition on my USB drive, and Diskpart gives this error: Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported on removable media. I can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to mount the ESP, but I would like to avoid using 3rd party...
  8. Is a 185 gb EFI system partition normal?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is a 185 gb EFI system partition normal?: I recently cloned a 500 gb hard drive to a 1tb ssd, which is what is in my computer currently. When I first booted up the laptop with the new ssd in it, it showed up with the same amount of storage that my old hard drive had around 464 gb. The rest was partitioned. I was able...
  9. EFI System Partition Curiousity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI System Partition Curiousity: I'm preparing to upgrade a laptop from HDD to SSD. It had a second Recovery Partition in the beginning of the disk, which we know can be deleted from v2004 on. Because I plan to transfer everything by Disk Image restore I thought I would clean up the disk beforehand and...
  10. Issues with EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with EFI System Partition: This is with reference to EFI System Partition Drive which automatically created as Local Disk Z in my PC when I allocated space from C Windows drive to D drive. Earlier this drive Z drive wasn't there and I want to remove it. Please tell the safest procedure ASA[ATTACH]P....