Windows 10: Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?

Discus and support Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,To put in context, I'm in a company with 1000 computers with Windows 10 Pro version and looking for a solution to encrypt disk. Heard that some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marc Klingler, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?

Hi,To put in context, I'm in a company with 1000 computers with Windows 10 Pro version and looking for a solution to encrypt disk. Heard that some features of Bitlocker are not included with the pro version and need W10 Enterprise. We need a centralized key management, monitoring and reporting on managed computers. Like MBAM, which will be no longer supported soon. I heard now we can use Configuration Manager Console.So after several searches I've not find the answer. What is included with W10 Pro ? Which features are only available with W10 Enterprise version ?Thanks,Best regards

:)

Marc Klingler, Mar 27, 2023

2. how does bitlocker and creator updated deal with each other

BitLocker is a built in feature of Windows premium business editions such as Pro, Pro Edu, Enterprise, Education and Pro for Workstations.

Before installing a new Feature Update such as the Creators Update, you should disable BitLocker Drive Encryption.

If you are using a third party encryption tool, you should disable or remove it entirely.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 27, 2023
  3. windows 10 and bitlocker

BitLocker (formerly BitLocker Drive Encryption) is a full disk encryption feature included with the Ultimate and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, the Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, and Windows Server
    2008 and later. It is designed to protect data by providing encryption for entire volumes.
    Windows 10 won't change it: Pro continues to get BitLocker just as it did before.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 27, 2023
  4. Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and Bitlocker

I have Windows 7 Pro and need Bitlocker. If I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, would the Windows 10 version I get include Bitlocker?

Or is there another way to get Bitlocker, other than buying the Ultimate version of Windows 7, which seems to me like a bad option since I'd be paying to upgrade an obsolete OS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RobertTardio, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?

1. Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ? - Similar Threads - Are BitLocker features

2. Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?: Hi,To put in context, I'm in a company with 1000 computers with Windows 10 Pro version and looking for a solution to encrypt disk. Heard that some features of Bitlocker are not included with the pro version and need W10 Enterprise. We need a centralized key management,...
  3. Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are all BitLocker features included with the Pro version or it need Enterprise ?: Hi,To put in context, I'm in a company with 1000 computers with Windows 10 Pro version and looking for a solution to encrypt disk. Heard that some features of Bitlocker are not included with the pro version and need W10 Enterprise. We need a centralized key management,...
  4. Enterprise to Pro

Enterprise to Pro: Am I able to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to upgrade to a more recent version of Windows but the system won't allow me to. Keeps telling me I need to contact my system administrator....
  5. Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enterprise to Pro: Am I able to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to upgrade to a more recent version of Windows but the system won't allow me to. Keeps telling me I need to contact my system administrator....
  6. Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I hope this "feature" makes it to all versions of Windows 11 and not just pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I hope this "feature" makes it to all versions of Windows 11 and not just pro: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kirk7899 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/p2cnob/i_hope_this_feature_makes_it_to_all_versions_of/
  8. Windows Pro magically turns into Windows Enterprise despite everything, including a clean...

Windows Pro magically turns into Windows Enterprise despite everything, including a clean...: I've tried everything. I bought a new laptop that came preinstalled with Windows Home. I had a Windows Pro Key, so I tried to upgrade. Everything went fine at first. It activated, I had Pro. I was happy. Not for long, though. After the upgrade every few minutes/hours/days, it...
  9. Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Pro vs Enterprise Search version?: Is Cortana disabled on Windows 10 Enterprise? Is the version of Search Windows 10 Desktop Search different older on Windows 10 Enterprise than on Windows 10 Pro? On one of my computers running Windows 10 Enterprise v1909 the content of PDF files is NOT being found in...
  10. Are all features in version 1903 working fine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are all features in version 1903 working fine?: Today, when windows update automatically checked for version 1903 then i used update assistant to update my PC and my PC got successfully updated but i have some confusions regarding it. As everyone said that after 1903 update we will see users account picture in settings...