Windows 10: Are all the users logged on the computer kept after restoring?

Discus and support Are all the users logged on the computer kept after restoring? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having some issues with my PC and restoring it and keeping the files my be my best shot, but other people use it and have their own files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Isabela Martins, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Are all the users logged on the computer kept after restoring?

I've been having some issues with my PC and restoring it and keeping the files my be my best shot, but other people use it and have their own files saved in their accounts. I don't own the administrator account and I'd like to know if all the users will still be there after the restoration and if so, only the administrator's files will be kept or every other user will have their backup saved in their accounts?

:)

Isabela Martins, Jan 27, 2021

2. Problems with the "Restore" function in Windows 10 on my machine.

Since you've forgotten the password, we suggest that you enable the hidden admin account. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "cmd".
    • Enter this command: net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Log out and see if there's an option to log in as an Administrator.
    • You can now try to restore your computer to its previous state in the
      Administrator
      profile.

If you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Dennis Mop, Jan 27, 2021
  3. When a user logs in, other users are also logged in

Hi Stefan,

There can be many possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue. It can be due to system file corruption that is why your computer gets confused with the user profiles. To narrow down the possible causes and for us to provide the troubleshooting steps
    needed, we would like to gather more information:

• What is the edition and version of your Windows 10? You can check this by following these steps: Press
      Windows key + I, Click System, and then
      About.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the warning message?
    • Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • When logged in, can you see the settings or personalization made by other users?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Are all the users logged on the computer kept after restoring?

Windows 10 User Log-In Issue

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to delete all the user account apart from the one which you are able to log in with Admin rights. Install all pending Windows and driver updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience. Follow the steps below to create new user account and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Key + R".
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • Click on Add and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Are all the users logged on the computer kept after restoring?

1. Are all the users logged on the computer kept after restoring? - Similar Threads - Are users logged

2. Can't log in after restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after restore: I was suspicious that my PC had some type of malware and it was running slow so I decided to restore it. I saved the important files in an external drive and formatted windows using the option "remove everything" and then "cloud download". After several minutes, it booted...
  3. Can't log in after restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in after restore: I was suspicious that my PC had some type of malware and it was running slow so I decided to restore it. I saved the important files in an external drive and formatted windows using the option "remove everything" and then "cloud download". After several minutes, it booted...
  4. Can't log in after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. User is always logged in after turning on computer? How to log out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User is always logged in after turning on computer? How to log out?: Every time I turn on my computer and a select a different user than the last one I used when I shut down that account still says logged in. Is there a way to log out the profile once I shut down my computer? submitted by /u/skinqq [link] [comments]...
  6. How to restore all the programs with all their data, after restarting computer, as...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to restore all the programs with all their data, after restarting computer, as...: Sometimes a problem has occurred in my computer by which I lost important things I was working on at that time. The problem was: that on pressing a key on the keyboard or clicking a mouse didn't fully wake up the computer. The computer was half waked, as the lights on the...
  7. Can't Log In After Restore

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...
  8. Can't Log In After Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log In After Restore: Having trouble logging into my WIndows Live acoount on my laptop after a restore. My upgraded WIndows 10 was recently corrupted and I opted to do a System Restore and keeping my personal files. Afterwards, I can log in as Administrator to my laptop. But I can not log into my...
  9. Can't Log In After Restore

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Log off all but current user

in Windows 10 Support
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...