Windows 10: Are all these games actually installed?

Discus and support Are all these games actually installed? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just done a fresh install of Windows 10, and when I click the Start button, I can see loads of stuff I really don't want. Most of this seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yossu, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Yossu Win User

Are all these games actually installed?

Just done a fresh install of Windows 10, and when I click the Start button, I can see loads of stuff I really don't want. Most of this seems to be games.

Are these actually installed? If so, how do I get rid of them? If they aren't installed, do I just unpin the icons from the Start menu?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Yossu, Jan 8, 2018
  2. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 8, 2018
  3. RILEYFURR Win User
    Are these games compatible with Windows 10, Razer Abysuss, Cooler Master Devestator?

Sorry, but I am talking about peripherals. But that also helped.

RILEYFURR, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 8, 2018
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Just uninstall what you don't want.

AddRAM, Jan 8, 2018
  6. Yossu Win User
    I followed those instructions, and rebooted to be sure, but my Start menu still shows loads of games and things I don't want.

Looking at the control panel, I can't see any of them under the list of installed programs, but it could be that apps show up somewhere else (never used them so I don't know).

Any ideas? Thanks

Yossu, Jan 9, 2018
  7. Yossu Win User
    None of them show up in the control panel. Does that mean they aren't installed? Where do apps normally show up?

Thanks

Yossu, Jan 9, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 9, 2018
  9. Yossu Win User
    Just to make it clear what I mean, here is my Start menu, with some of the stuff I don't wanted circled (very badly) in red...

Are all these games actually installed? [​IMG]

If I look in the control panel, I don't see any of these...

Are all these games actually installed? [​IMG]

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Yossu, Jan 9, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, those are suggested apps.

Do you have an "Uninstall" option when you right click on them? (see tutorial link I posted above for more details if needed)

Brink, Jan 9, 2018
  11. Yossu Win User
    Oh yes. Never thought of that!

Thanks, I'll get rid of them that way.

Yossu, Jan 9, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Jan 9, 2018
  13. Yossu Win User

Just out of interest, where were those apps stored? I didn't see anything in the usual locations (program files, etc). Are they somewhere else?

I found an article somewhere (forgotten now) that showed how to see a hidden WindowsApps folder (I think it was called), but I didn't see all those games in there. I would like to make sure I got them all.

Thanks again.

Yossu, Jan 9, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Apps from the Store have packages stored in the hidden folder below by default.

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Are all these games actually installed? - Similar Threads - Are games actually

2. All disk named disk drive not the actual name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All disk named disk drive not the actual name: I've been searching for a solution to this problem with no luck, need some help, please The device manager shows all disk drives as disk drive, not the name of the manufacturer. https://prnt.sc/dPQ4YPNCakiRAnd when i run msinfo32 to check storage, it shows up like...
  3. All disk named disk drive not the actual name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All disk named disk drive not the actual name: I've been searching for a solution to this problem with no luck, need some help, please The device manager shows all disk drives as disk drive, not the name of the manufacturer. https://prnt.sc/dPQ4YPNCakiRAnd when i run msinfo32 to check storage, it shows up like...
  4. All disk named disk drive not the actual name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all: My switch pro controller has been working completely fine with my pc for months until it started not pairing today, I checked the bluetooth settings and it is already apparently paired according to windows which is not true as it is off and not connecting. attempting to...
  6. Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all: My switch pro controller has been working completely fine with my pc for months until it started not pairing today, I checked the bluetooth settings and it is already apparently paired according to windows which is not true as it is off and not connecting. attempting to...
  7. Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Do I actually need all of these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I actually need all of these?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Antonaros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkf7lk/do_i_actually_need_all_of_these/
  9. Applications actually installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications actually installed: Question: " Is " Windows 10 Home basically a bare bones install . It is difficult to get around the sales and marketing ploys and acquire a actual understanding based on truth. Looking through the files in Administration i see that bit locker seems to be installed and...
  10. Program not actually installed when I install it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not actually installed when I install it: I've been trying to install uTorrent today, and I've downloaded the installer from the website. I go through the installation process and at the end, the install wizard says the installation is complete, and I have "Launch uTorrent" selected when I close the wizard. Then...