Windows 10: Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same?

Discus and support Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are so many unmanaged switches out there to choose from. I want to get a Gigabit ethernet switch for my home network. Are they all the same?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CerebralFreeze, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same?

There are so many unmanaged switches out there to choose from. I want to get a Gigabit ethernet switch for my home network.

Are they all the same? Does the SWITCH truly achieve Gigabit speeds or do some switches say they do but really don't?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Sep 19, 2018

2. Linksys Launches New Unmanaged Switches and VPN Routers

Linksys today announced it has re-entered the Small and Medium Business (SMB) marketplace with the launch of seven new unmanaged switches (three with PoE) and two new VPN Routers. Linksys sold SMB infrastructure products for 20 years and has been a leading provider of switches and routers. The Linksys SMB brand was dissolved a few years ago, but now is back under Belkin International to offer a portfolio of business networking and security products that will target SMB businesses and resellers.

"It's with our commitment to honor the Linksys heritage by entering back into the SMB space to target SMB businesses and resellers with solutions that are purpose-built for SMB environments," said Ben Thacker, Global Vice President of Enterprise Business, Belkin International. "Our competitive advantage is our solid 20+ experience in the SMB space and we understand customers, resellers and partners want quality products with high performance while servicing them to help grow their business. Our line-up of switches and VPN routers is the first in a series of high performance business networking and security solutions to come from Linksys."

Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same? LINKSYS_LGS105_01_thm.jpg

Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same? LINKSYS_LGS108P_01_thm.jpg

Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same? LINKSYS_LGS116P_01_thm.jpg

The first product suite from the Linksys Business series will include unmanaged switches, unmanaged switches with Power over Ethernet (PoE) and VPN routers.

Linksys Unmanaged Desktop Switches
    The new unmanaged managed Desktop Gigabit Switches include 5, 8, 16 and 24-port versions and 8, 16 and 24-port versions that include PoE. Features include:
    • Gigabit speeds
    • Auto-Sensing Ports
    • Power Saving Features including
      Auto power-down disables unused ports
      Smart Power for short cable runs
      Port status switch to control LED lights
    • Quality of Service (QoS) Traffic Prioritization (on 8, 16 and 24-Port only)
    • Power over Ethernet functionality (on PoE versions only) for connecting access points or video surveillance solutions
    Linksys Gigabit VPN Routers
    The new Linksys LRT series integrates Gigabit firewall, site to site VPN and various remote access VPN technologies into two single solutions. The LRT Series includes the Gigabit VPN Router and Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router. These routers feature:
    • 4 Gigabit ports
    • Up to 50 IPSec tunnels
    • Five OpenVPN tunnels
    • Dual-WAN Load Balance and WAN Failover (on LRT244 only)
    • Integrated firewall supporting URL filtering and access rules
    • 802.1q VLAN tagging
    • Port Forwarding, port triggering and Port address translation for 30 devices
    • DMZ Port
    • DHCP Server
    • DNS
    • And more features can be found on the Linksys VPN Router pages
    Availability
    The Linksys new line-up of unmanaged switches is available now thru major distributors. The Linksys Gigabit VPN Routers are planned for availability in early December. SMBs and resellers can find a participating distributor at our website: http://www.linksys.com/en-us/business/find-a-distributor

Linksys Unmanaged Switches
    • LGS105 - MSRP $49.99
    • LGS108 - MSRP $59.99
    • LGS116 - MSRP $179.99
    • LGS124 - MSRP $229.99
    Linksys Unmanaged PoE Switches
    • LGS108P - MSRP $179.99
    • LGS116P - MSRP $299.99
    • LGS124P - MSRP $449.99, Planned for Availability by the end of November
    Linksys VPN Routers
    • LRT214 - MSRP $229.99, Planned for availability in December
    • LRT224 - MSRP $299.99, Planned for availability in December

Cristian_25H, Sep 19, 2018
  3. help me choose a switch

ok, i went with an unmanaged switch similiar to the one tekie suggested. he is right. i only need the extra ports and can rely on the router it is connected to to handle things like QoS and DHCP.

Easy Rhino, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same?

Asus RT-N56U weirdness

What are your thoughts on doing this?
    • UBNT ERL
      • gateway
      • RT-N56U acting as a switch and access point (subject to change in the future depending on how much of a dick it is)
      • 16-port unmanaged switch
        • Netgear GS108
        • Netgear GS105
        • Netgear GS105
    Is that going to overload that unmanaged switch? It would be about $200 this way versus $300 for the ER8 and maybe a switch sometime down the road.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same?

1. Are All Unmanaged Switches the Same? - Similar Threads - Are Unmanaged Switches

2. Managed and Unmanaged Devices to Azure SSO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed and Unmanaged Devices to Azure SSO: We are trying to implement Restricted access to our Workday application using the Azure SSO. We thought of using the this URI http://schemas.microsoft.com/2012/01/devicecontext/claims/ismanaged to determine whether the device is managed or not based on that attribute we want...
  3. Windows update unmanagable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update unmanagable.: Windows update regularly bogs down both my and my spouse's PC. Pausing updates does not prevent this. It does not adhere to times we attempt to schedule, and it prioritizes update over everything else on the computer....
  4. Windows update unmanagable.

Windows update unmanagable.: Windows update regularly bogs down both my and my spouse's PC. Pausing updates does not prevent this. It does not adhere to times we attempt to schedule, and it prioritizes update over everything else on the computer....
  5. Windows update unmanagable.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. My drive's unallocated space is unmanageable.

My drive's unallocated space is unmanageable.: I have two drives in my computer. One is the boot and there's a second 1 terabyte one. It had two partitions that were previously used on another computer that i now wanted as a single partition, so i backed up my data and deleted the second partition, E. But afterwards, when...
  7. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  8. All Icon is the same

All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  9. Switching windows to a new hard drive (all hardware still the same)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching windows to a new hard drive (all hardware still the same): I am looking to switch windows to a new m.2 NVME SSD that I bought. It is currently installed on a SSD hooked up via SATA. What is the easiest way to do this? Should I do a fresh install? Will I be able to activate my copy of Windows again as well as the office 2016 suite...
  10. Teredo network is unmanaged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo network is unmanaged: I have been working on fixing teredo for a while, but now its saying that the network is unmanaged on teredo parameters. Does anybody have tips that can help? submitted by /u/gayasaurus [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are all unmanaged switches the same