Windows 10: Are all Windows 10 expiration popups scams?

Discus and support Are all Windows 10 expiration popups scams? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I reboot, I get a large red rectangle telling me that my Windows 10 is about to expire and to go to settings. I don't get prompted for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lonelyheroine, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Are all Windows 10 expiration popups scams?

When I reboot, I get a large red rectangle telling me that my Windows 10 is about to expire and to go to settings. I don't get prompted for any information except to enter the very long key number found on the invoice I got when I bought this desk top three months ago. This is a civic holiday and since I can't find where I saved the invoice, I have to wait until tomorrow (August 4) to get the key number from the man who sold me this computer. I don't get prompted for any personal information (no phone number, address, etc and there are no misspelled words (such as license) If this is a scam, it doesn't fit the profile of any I have heard of and been warned about.

I just want to know if something has happened to my computer by clicking on "Next" which takes me into the settings. It could have been damaged internally without my knowledge. Thank you in advance.

:)

lonelyheroine, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Are all Windows 10 expiration popups scams?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Are all Windows 10 expiration popups scams?

1. Are all Windows 10 expiration popups scams? - Similar Threads - Are expiration popups

2. how to get rid of windows will expire soon popup ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of windows will expire soon popup ?: i have a windows license will expire soon popup message appears every 4 seconds and it is annoying me and my windows is already activated by my organization how to get rid of this popup...
  3. Tech support scam popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tech support scam popup: A tech support scam page just popped up as I was online, claiming it is my Windows Defender Security Center. WHAT do I do now? How to get rid of it and keep my computer safe? I have not touched anything on the screen/page since it popped up. And I have few technical computer...
  4. Tech support scam popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech support scam popup: A tech support scam page just popped up as I was online, claiming it is my Windows Defender Security Center. WHAT do I do now? How to get rid of it and keep my computer safe? I have not touched anything on the screen/page since it popped up. And I have few technical computer...
  5. Tech support scam popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How to stop "your windows will expire soon" popup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop "your windows will expire soon" popup: Whenever I open my laptop I see the interesting Popup in the middle of the screen that "your windows will expire soon". But I got a lifetime license during the purchase of the laptop. The popup is very annoying, now, I can't understand, how to fix it....
  7. Windows license expiration -- a scam?

Windows license expiration -- a scam?: Out of nowhere I'm getting a pop-up saying my Windows 10 license is about to expire and I should click on Settings to actuvate. Is this a scam, or is it for real -- never saw anything like it before....
  8. Scam popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam popup: A popup keeps showing up: Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate . Then I'm given 2 choices: Window Settings or Close. I have been choosing close but if keeps showing up. I tried 2 different things to do that I saw on You Tube. Neither...
  9. Your windows license will expire soon popup

Your windows license will expire soon popup: So this this popup called "Your windows license will expire soon" keeps popping up on the pc my relative gave to me, i looked up solutions on YT and none of them worked, So knowing that the solutions i looked up doesn't work can i just buy a Win 10 Pro OEM key and everything...
  10. Popup warning that Windows 10 license is about to expire

Popup warning that Windows 10 license is about to expire: For the past two weeks or so I have been getting popups (every day, 2-8 times a session) warning that my Windows 10 license is about to expire. The message is worrying as I am in the middle of a work project. The popup has two buttons, "Go to settings" and "Close". When I...