Windows 10: Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11?

Discus and support Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After i upgrade to windows 11 will i keep my apps, files and programs or will i need to have a backup plan?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NeilArora1, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11?

After i upgrade to windows 11 will i keep my apps, files and programs or will i need to have a backup plan?

:)

NeilArora1, Apr 7, 2023
  2. dougboes Win User

Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Apr 7, 2023
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Apr 7, 2023
  4. JBryan41 Win User

Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11?

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Apr 7, 2023
Thema:

Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11?

1. Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Are files kept

2. Windows 11 In-place Upgrade kept on telling that the system language has conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 In-place Upgrade kept on telling that the system language has conflicts: Hi, everybody,I seen this error while installing Windows 11 **UPGRADE** and I just got through the "Incompatible" thing yesterday and now it seems like the language is conflicting. Here's the error and the logs!Your files, apps and settings can't be kept because you have...
  3. Windows 11 In-place Upgrade kept on telling that the system language has conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 In-place Upgrade kept on telling that the system language has conflicts: Hi, everybody,I seen this error while installing Windows 11 **UPGRADE** and I just got through the "Incompatible" thing yesterday and now it seems like the language is conflicting. Here's the error and the logs!Your files, apps and settings can't be kept because you have...
  4. Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are files kept with upgrade to Windows 11?: After i upgrade to windows 11 will i keep my apps, files and programs or will i need to have a backup plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-files-kept-with-upgrade-to-windows-11/86595678-3d28-410d-8cc1-03c3f193e9af
  5. Recover files kept in reinstall Windows 10 process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files kept in reinstall Windows 10 process: Windows 10 would not boot. We tried to reinstall but selected the "keep files" option. Where are those files then located? Not finding them when now back in to the old hard drive....
  6. Upgrade installation failure: "your files apps and settings can't be kept because you're...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade installation failure: "your files apps and settings can't be kept because you're...: I have been attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Unfortunately, when it comes time to "Choose what to keep", the choice to keep my Apps, Settings, and Files is grayed out, and not selectable. The explanation as to why I can't select that option is at...
  7. Your files, apps and settings can’t be kept – Windows 10 in-place Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Your files, apps and settings can’t be kept – Windows 10 in-place Upgrade error: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users might encounter the error message Your files, apps and settings […] This article Your files, apps and settings can’t be kept – Windows 10 in-place Upgrade error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. What files are kept in 'keep my files' when resetting windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What files are kept in 'keep my files' when resetting windows?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sea_For [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jeem9m/what_files_are_kept_in_keep_my_files_when/
  9. Windows 10 Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my only desktop since I was told it (may) help things run a bit smoother, it went along fine and I had my brother help me through it. Nothing was lost and it seemed to have gone through as it should. I grabbed specific programs I wanted to...
  10. Windows Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my only desktop, it went along fine and I had my brother help me through it. Nothing was lost and it seemed to have gone through as it should. I grabbed specific programs I wanted to keep from Windows.old folder that Windows created to put...