Windows 10: Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on...

Discus and support Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my personal files stored in my pen drive and thought it’s a good idea to make my folders and files hidden so that people won’t be able to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JEFFREY_987, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on...

I have my personal files stored in my pen drive and thought it’s a good idea to make my folders and files hidden so that people won’t be able to see them. However, I am worried whether it will cause those files to be more risky/vulnerable to get lost (delete automatically by itself) or corrupt (broken). I have this idea since hiding them makes them not visible which kind of maybe can trick the computer into assuming they don’t exist hence become deleted/lost or something like that. Or maybe screw up/corrupt the data due to the Hidden attribute. Correct me if I’m wrong, especially my theory. I just want to make sure it’s 100% safe to hide my folders and files for privacy. I'm using Windows 10 Home.

:)

JEFFREY_987, Jul 29, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on...

Windows corrupt file Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on... :p

That above, especially the latter/2nd system of 6 steps, SHOULD work!

*Smile Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on... :)

* Good luck, let us know how it goes...

APK

Alec§taar, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on...

1. Are files that I have hidden on Windows 10 more risky to get lost or corrupt, especially on... - Similar Threads - Are files hidden

2. Files getting Hidden automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files getting Hidden automatically: My laptop has been acting weird lately, I reset it a while ago and did some cloning of my startup to my SSD, and everything was working file. until I had a new drive named ESP which I don't have access to despite being the admin. Last night I noticed a lot of my files in...
  3. Files getting Hidden automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files getting Hidden automatically: My laptop has been acting weird lately, I reset it a while ago and did some cloning of my startup to my SSD, and everything was working file. until I had a new drive named ESP which I don't have access to despite being the admin. Last night I noticed a lot of my files in...
  4. I have many locked and weird named folders in my file explorer. They look risky and not...

I have many locked and weird named folders in my file explorer. They look risky and not...: I have many locked and weird named folders in my file explorer. They look risky and not able to delete them. Need a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-many-locked-and-weird-named-folders-in-my/446a0e8b-4378-40c6-9c23-34978d8a662b
  5. Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files

Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files: There seem to be many different errors though I have some issues reading exactly what needs to be done to remove these errors from the sfc scan. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated and thank you in advance. This is the last bits of the lines from my...
  6. Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files come back as corrupt and sfc says there are more corrupted files: There seem to be many different errors though I have some issues reading exactly what needs to be done to remove these errors from the sfc scan. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated and thank you in advance. This is the last bits of the lines from my...
  7. Hi, I want to ask is updating a BIOS could corrupt windows system32 files especially for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi, I want to ask is updating a BIOS could corrupt windows system32 files especially for...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chrisshan25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3ficv/hi_i_want_to_ask_is_updating_a_bios_could_corrupt/
  8. Windows Update corrupted laptop - how do I get back lost files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update corrupted laptop - how do I get back lost files?: Hi On 15 May 2020, a Windows Update was run automatically on a Win 10 laptop. Laptop has solid internet security software and Norton PE only found a screwed-up registry. But: Edge would only give a grey screen then stop, Win 10 search would not work, all Microsoft Office...
  9. .dll files corrupted and more

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .dll files corrupted and more: One day out of the blue sticky keys turns on and my computer makes a loud noise then freezes, i turn it off then on and it starts recovering c drive then it lets me into windows but only as guest so i do some reg edits and commands but nothing works so i do a clean install of...
  10. Windows 10 20H1 comes with more hidden features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 comes with more hidden features: Unlike Windows 10 19H2, Microsoft’s Windows 10 Spring 2020 update may introduce several new features, including a new appearance for Cortana. The recently released Windows 10 Build 18922 comes with new language settings page, Feedback Hub and bug fixes, but it also includes...