Windows 10: Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware?

Discus and support Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can confirm that it does have that facility but Windows also has power saving features built in. Maybe if your inclined one day you could do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bo elam, Aug 5, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware?

I can confirm that it does have that facility but Windows also has power saving features built in.

Maybe if your inclined one day you could do a comparison with it installed and without.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2017
  2. bo elam Win User

Appreciate your replies, swarfega. What I ended up doing is testing the effect of disabling the Link power management setting in Intel Rapid Storage. The result has been what I expected, the Warnings from iaStor Id No 129 have gone away completely. I was getting between 1 and 3 or 4 a day. And haven't gotten any in the last 25 hours.

I am using this laptop as a desktop. I ll probably never take it out of my home. Not having the setting on probably wont matter much for me as I ll hardly ever get to use the battery. I wont uninstall Intel Rapid Storage but I ll probably keep that setting disabled.

What about that other program (Intel security assist), What you guys think about it?

Bo

bo elam, Aug 7, 2017
  3. bo elam Win User
    FWIW, I ended up uninstalling Intel security assist. All seems well, no errors, etc. Having this program in my laptop made me nervous a little bit, as there is very little information in the internet about it, is like Intel doesn't want you to know what the program is for, and I wasn't sure what the program does (perhaps, Remote assistance). There was no UI for the program and appears to me it attempted to connect to Intel once a week. I was getting the error below in Events log once a week when the program attempts to connect, failed.

Bo

Are Intel  Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware? [​IMG]

bo elam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware?

1. Are Intel Rapid Storage and Intel Security assist bloatware? - Similar Threads - Are Intel Rapid

2. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  3. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  4. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  6. Intel rapid storage to ahci

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel rapid storage to ahci: Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The...
  7. Intel rapid storage to ahci

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel rapid storage to ahci: Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The...
  8. Intel rapid storage tech

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel rapid storage tech: I went to my bios to turn on rapid intel storge tech and it said we ran into a problem i let it resart and it went into a loop so i turned it off and went to login everything was reset and memory was lost. CAN SOMBODY HELP...
  9. Intel Rapid Storage driver

Intel Rapid Storage driver: why won't the Intel Rapid Storage driver install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-rapid-storage-driver/50e737b2-6bc0-453a-b5d9-a0472e268d3c
  10. Intel Storage Or rapid storage

Intel Storage Or rapid storage: Hi , I am having this issue after IRS just decided to merge both of my hard drives into one and creating a recovery thing on it , I believe its called array which is named by SATA_Array_0000 , my ssd is around 250 GB and the other harddrive is 1TB which is gone now ,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel security assistant bloatware