Windows 10: Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

Discus and support Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In another thread, an IA states that … A recent Update to Windows, moved all the user files form their default location at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ¡Firedog, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ¡Firedog Win User

Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

In another thread, an IA states that …

A recent Update to Windows, moved all the user files form their default location at C:\Users\usename\Documents to C:\Users\usename\OneDrive\Documents and the same for Pictures, Videos, and Music . . . etc. … everything is being stored in the OneDrive backup folder​

[From Screen Prints - the location where these are stored has changed. Win10, page 2: DaveM121 replied on January 11, 2019]

This is extremely worrying*. Can someone please identify the update that causes this to happen?

My Windows 10 64-bit is currently on 1809 17763.195 and WU reports that it's up-to-date, but I know that KB4480116 is in the wings.

* My Documents and Pictures folders contain far more data than there is space for on OneDrive. What happens in this scenario?

:)

¡Firedog, Jan 11, 2019
  2. garym123 Win User

How to automatically upload all picture folders for Onedrive Camera Upload?

There is no way to automatically upload pictures from all folders to OneDrive.

You can manually upload a folder but later there may be some pictures you move to the folder that are not uploaded.

Easiest way to manually upload a folder is with the 'file explorer' app.

File explorer, SD card, (if that is where your pictures are), pictures, tap the folder you want, ellipsis ..., select all, share, OneDrive

garym123, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

Windows Phone 8 missing automatic upload of photos to OneDrive (SkyDrive)

This is an answer? Come on. It's a messy work around at best.

This automatic upload feature is not working!!! Come on Microsoft. Help us.

Captain_Eric1, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

1. Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Are Known Folders

2. I don’t want my photos automatically uploaded to Onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don’t want my photos automatically uploaded to Onedrive: I find it really irritating that all photos, which come to my laptop automatically get uploaded to OneDrive. If I want to delete a photo from OneDrive, it also gets deleted from my laptop. So I have full OneDrive and full laptop. Moreover the photos on my PC don’t show...
  3. Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive: I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!! I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of photos I have on this new PC. The fixes provided by the MS online help have caused me to sit with a FULL one drive, and 100% of...
  4. Onedrive is being closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive is being closed: I have a friend that has been notified by Microsoft that because he has not used it in 2yrs it will be deleted. This being said he wishes to let them close it out. My question is when he and I set Onedrive up it was to sync his files with those in his libraries. If Microsoft...
  5. Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Known Folder Move (KFM) for OneDrive: We’ve heard requests from several customers asking to make it easier to move their user data into OneDrive. To have a single button that they could push that would move content from the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders to OneDrive. Today, we are making this a...
  6. Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player automatically shares Onedrive folders: Windows 10 1709 (16299.125) and WMP 12.0.16299.64. I have uploaded all my music (mp3 files) to Onedrive, and the folder is unshared. The problem I have is Windows Media Player shares the Onedrive songs (and pictures) without permission. I have deleted the Onedrive folder...
  7. How do I disable automatic uploads to OneDrive?

How do I disable automatic uploads to OneDrive?: How do I disable automatic uploads to OneDrive? 65392
  8. Onedrive Uploading?

Onedrive Uploading?: How do I know what files are being uploaded to my Onedrive as I seem to have a huge amount of them being uploaded if I look at my icon? [img] However if I look at what I think my setting should be they look like this. [img] Now if I look at the properties of...
  9. Are your upload speeds to OneDrive slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are your upload speeds to OneDrive slow?: I've had various internet speeds over the course of using OneDrive to store my files. I had upload speeds of 35Mb/s, 42Mb/s, and now with FIOS about 880Mb/s. In every case my upload speed to the OneDrive server was a fraction of my actual upload speed. Now on FIOS I'm...
  10. Uploading photos into folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Uploading photos into folders: Please tell me there is a way to upload photos into folders (that I label) straight from my sd card. On my old computer the option to review, organize and group would pop up when I inserted the SD card. I would click that and all the photos on the SD card would be grouped by...