Windows 10: Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

Discus and support Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In another thread, an IA states that … A recent Update to Windows, moved all the user files form their default location at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ¡Firedog, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ¡Firedog Win User

Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

In another thread, an IA states that …

A recent Update to Windows, moved all the user files form their default location at C:\Users\usename\Documents to C:\Users\usename\OneDrive\Documents and the same for Pictures, Videos, and Music . . . etc. … everything is being stored in the OneDrive backup folder​

[From Screen Prints - the location where these are stored has changed. Win10, page 2: DaveM121 replied on January 11, 2019]

This is extremely worrying*. Can someone please identify the update that causes this to happen?

My Windows 10 64-bit is currently on 1809 17763.195 and WU reports that it's up-to-date, but I know that KB4480116 is in the wings.

* My Documents and Pictures folders contain far more data than there is space for on OneDrive. What happens in this scenario?

:)

¡Firedog, Jan 11, 2019
  2. garym123 Win User

How to automatically upload all picture folders for Onedrive Camera Upload?

There is no way to automatically upload pictures from all folders to OneDrive.

You can manually upload a folder but later there may be some pictures you move to the folder that are not uploaded.

Easiest way to manually upload a folder is with the 'file explorer' app.

File explorer, SD card, (if that is where your pictures are), pictures, tap the folder you want, ellipsis ..., select all, share, OneDrive

garym123, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

Windows Phone 8 missing automatic upload of photos to OneDrive (SkyDrive)

This is an answer? Come on. It's a messy work around at best.

This automatic upload feature is not working!!! Come on Microsoft. Help us.

Captain_Eric1, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive?

1. Are Known Folders now being automatically uploaded to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Are Known Folders

2. Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...: I only want 1 folder to upload to onedrive app on android phone.I have unchecked the camera folder but all the pictures stays in the upload section and nothing else uploads now. Its stuck.I have cleared cache. I have force stopped the app. I have logged out and in. I have...
  3. Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive android app - Unchecked folder for upload, but pictures stays under upload and now...: I only want 1 folder to upload to onedrive app on android phone.I have unchecked the camera folder but all the pictures stays in the upload section and nothing else uploads now. Its stuck.I have cleared cache. I have force stopped the app. I have logged out and in. I have...
  4. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.: Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many...
  5. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.: Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many...
  6. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

7. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop automatic upload to onedrive: All the advice I can find on the web, or on microsoft site, has one fatal flaw.Nowhere can I find in settings, a button to untick, so that only files I elect to upload are uploaded. Am I being especially dense, or is it concealed, because Microsoft wants to sell me additional...
  8. stop automatic upload to onedrive

stop automatic upload to onedrive: All the advice I can find on the web, or on microsoft site, has one fatal flaw.Nowhere can I find in settings, a button to untick, so that only files I elect to upload are uploaded. Am I being especially dense, or is it concealed, because Microsoft wants to sell me additional...
  9. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. automatic photo upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatic photo upload to onedrive: I'm sincerely considering to uninstall onedrive. I do not need to store my photos on onedrive or at least I must be able to decide for myself. I manage to stop the automatic picture transfere to onrdrive whenever I plugged in my phone, but after the last win 10 upgrade this...