Windows 10: Are Links In My Email Bad?

Discus and support Are Links In My Email Bad? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have my website link in my signature, but how about adding my facebook and instagram pages also, or will that trigger spam settings in people who... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joe Wood1, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Joe Wood1 Win User

Are Links In My Email Bad?

I have my website link in my signature, but how about adding my facebook and instagram pages also, or will that trigger spam settings in people who receive the email from me?

:)

Joe Wood1, Jun 3, 2023
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Are Links In My Email Bad? 244459d1566756126t-all-gmail-links-fail-gmail-test-1.png

Are Links In My Email Bad? 244460d1566756282t-all-gmail-links-fail-gmail.png

weybrew, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to open links in emails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links from emails. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which email client are you using to access your emails i.e. Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail?
    • Were you able to open links from emails earlier?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to try changing the Default web browser and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Change default programs in Windows 10

If you are facing this issue in Microsoft Outlook, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Pete1burn Win User

Build for a friend

Can't link directly to a wish list. You need to email it to yourself and then post the link it gives you there. Then I'll look at it. *Smile Are Links In My Email Bad? :) It's obvious you're suggesting an i7 build though. hehe

Pete1burn, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Are Links In My Email Bad? - Similar Threads - Are Links Email

2. Are Links In My Email Bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Links In My Email Bad?: I have my website link in my signature, but how about adding my facebook and instagram pages also, or will that trigger spam settings in people who receive the email from me?...
  3. Are Links In My Email Bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Links In My Email Bad?: I have my website link in my signature, but how about adding my facebook and instagram pages also, or will that trigger spam settings in people who receive the email from me?...
  4. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  5. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  6. links in emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    links in emails: I received an email with a link to a form I am required to fill out. However the link does not open but I get the message "you will need a new app to open this wlmailhtml. What app do I need??...
  7. Email links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email links: Unable to open links in my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-links/eac3e806-0f2f-4ac7-aa0f-18c60a9f09aa
  8. Email Linked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  9. Links in my emails are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links in my emails are not working: Why are the links in my emails no longer working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/links-in-my-emails-are-not-working/10eec11b-df6d-4254-90c9-7005b44c3610
  10. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071