Windows 10: Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues

Discus and support Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings I'm relishing the new Chromium Edge and would like to use it for everything. However, it is really important for all sorts of reasons that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by I hate microsoft 123, May 8, 2020.

1. Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues

Greetings

I'm relishing the new Chromium Edge and would like to use it for everything. However, it is really important for all sorts of reasons that my personal profiles is kept separate from my work profile and the syncing issue has me concerned. So - can Edge actually keep them separate, has it *ever* got it wrong, is it an easy, quick-fix if there is a one-off significant spill-over of data between profiles, and what about if its just little wee bits and pieces of data dribbling out from profiles over time, are there warning and/or on-going auditing protocols and functions in place?

<sigh> . . . really, it would just be better if I kept each profile nn a separate browser across all devices, right?

I can't really expect to have all those questions answered, I guess, but if someone would be kind enough please to link an authoritative text on the subject this bewildered boomer technophobe can grasp I would be most grateful.

Kind regards

Lenny The Luddite

:)

I hate microsoft 123, May 8, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, May 8, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 8, 2020
  4. Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues

Zooming issues in Microsoft EDGE

Hi Viacheslav,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with Microsoft Edge is due to a User Profile component corruption. For us to address this concern, we suggest creating
    a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check if you will have the same issue with zooming in Microsoft Edge.
    This is for us to test if the issue is isolated with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter key
    • In Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

If you'll need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues

1. Are Microsoft Edge BETA Profiles sandboxed so as to prevent inadvertent syncing issues - Similar Threads - Are Microsoft Edge

2. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  3. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  4. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account profile not syncing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile not syncing: My Microsoft account profile picture is not syncing on Windows or in Edge Chrome after a system reset. It's been a week since then, so it's not a sync delay. The profile picture is still available online. Completely reinstalling Windows did fix this, but also introduced...
  6. Edge does not sync Profile Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge does not sync Profile Picture: I reset my and redownloaded Windows 10 because I had problems with the Microsoft Store, and now the profile picture won't show up on my Edge account. I've tried reinstalling Edge, signed in/out countless times, and changed my profile picture. On the Microsoft Website, I am...
  7. How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from adding a new profile in Microsoft Edge, then here’s how you go about doing it. You can block […] This article How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  9. Microsoft Edge - profile photo desync issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - profile photo desync issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ramloy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbxyb8/microsoft_edge_profile_photo_desync_issue/
  10. Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox

in Windows 10 News
    Strengthening the Microsoft Edge Sandbox: In a recent post, we outlined the layered strategy that the Microsoft Edge security team employs to protect you from vulnerabilities that could be used to compromise your device or personal data. In particular, we showed how Microsoft Edge is leveraging technologies like Code...