Windows 10: Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?

Discus and support Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I have a question that Microsoft are planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC. Microsoft claims that Windows(10) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamCroniel, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?

Hello, everyone.

I have a question that Microsoft are planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC. Microsoft claims that Windows(10) is aimed for universial platform and connectivity. Such efforts already comes out in serveral features. Although this is right direction for the future, not all people can be satisfied because of their own environments or needs. At first, Windows 10 was lighter than current OS as I remembered. After RS2 updates, it becomes heavier. My main system is R5 2600X, so this system is not necessary lightweight OS. However, when I repaired the low-end or old computers of my neighbours, I felt Windows is too heavy compared to linux system like Fedora which I've used.

In my suggestion, Microsoft needs to release Windows enlightment version for those who have a cherished computer with the years or just need to core eco-system in Windows. In this way, It can be embraced obstinated Windows 7 users who hate changes in the view point of the pure visible hardware performnaces and reserved resources.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

WilliamCroniel, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Darker87 Win User

Lightweight windows 10

Hello,

I have a netbook running with an atom processor. Is their a lightweight version of windows 10 that runs more efficiently on low end processor like that? I have tried to stop most of the non-essential tasks on windows 10 but the device is still having a hard
    running basic tasks.

Darker87, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC?

1. Are Microsoft planning to release lightweight Windows for old/low-end PC? - Similar Threads - Are Microsoft planning

2. Do Windows 7 is faster for very low end pc ...????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do Windows 7 is faster for very low end pc ...????: Which OS should I run on my computer's I5 3rd Gen processor and 2 GB of RAM? I'm currently using Windows 7, but it's incredibly sluggish and always hangs; I have to wait a long time for an application to recover from the not responding stage. How can I make my operating...
  3. Gaming windows for low end pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming windows for low end pc: Please Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming...Like I have Lenovo All in one desktop PC Lenovo C320Pentium dual core processorI had upgraded RAM6GB so that I don't get fadupBut I want recommendations for GamingPlease Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming....
  4. Gaming windows for low end pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming windows for low end pc: Please Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming...Like I have Lenovo All in one desktop PC Lenovo C320Pentium dual core processorI had upgraded RAM6GB so that I don't get fadupBut I want recommendations for GamingPlease Recommend me best version of Windows for Gaming....
  5. custom windows recomendation for my low end pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom windows recomendation for my low end pc: hello guys, i'm thinking about putting a custom windows and optimized for games on my lenovo thinkpad t420 notebook, in my case, i did some ssd and ram upgrades, its specs are: Intel Core I5 2520M Intel HD Graphics 3000 8GB ram memory and actually im in stock windows with...
  6. low end slow pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low end slow pc: i use windows 10/7 and linux in one 2010 LOW END pc which have 3 GB ram with 2.50 GHZ old dual core CPU and its slow how to improve the speed of my pc win 7 and linux works very well but windows 10 is very slow sometime the apps does not responds very well it takes some time...
  7. DirectX 12 on old low end PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 on old low end PC?: I don't have a problem, I'm just asking because I'm curious. I have a very old, low-end PC with an Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30 GHz with 8GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 2000 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 20H2. However, I appear to be running DirectX 12. I wouldn't...
  8. Best OS for a low end pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best OS for a low end pc.: i have a computer that is currently running windows 10 home. And it's pretty bad. So I need to know what windows OS is best for it. PC SPECS: Intel R Celeron R CPU N3050 @ 1.60 GHZ 4G of ram 64 bit....
  9. Microsoft PC Protection Plan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft PC Protection Plan: In Sept. 2018, I called a number to connect my echo dot (with my laptop, because I don't have a smart phone) and the Rep said that my PC wasn't protected, but he could sell me a 5 yr or lifetime PC protection thru Microsoft, that he was a third party, so after being afraid of...
  10. Perfomance of Windows 10 on low end pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Perfomance of Windows 10 on low end pc: I have a PC with core 2 duo e8400 CPU, 4gb ram, gt1030 gpu and win 10 installed. It is quite slow on my PC. Is it okay to use this OS or should I downgrade to win 8.1 or win7 ? If yes how can i do that without losing any of my files assuming that my pc is assembled and didn't...